Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2017 21:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Headphone Jack not working

Hey,

I just got a brand new Inspiron 15 5000 directly from Dell and it doesn't detect headphones plugged into the 1/8" jack.

I've plugged two different pairs of headphones in and neither appears on the list if I go to control panel > hardware and sound > sound > manage audio devices > playback.

In both cases the audio on the internal speakers continues unchanged. 

I went to Device Manager > Sound, Video, and Gaming Controllers > Realtek Audio right clicked and selected "update driver" and I was told the driver was already working on the current update. 

One pair of headphones is a Sony mdr-7506 and the other was a pair of cheap earbuds. Both work fine with other audio devices

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 30th, 2017 10:00

First, make sure the headset is fully inserted.  If it is, you should get a popup asking what you plugged in..  It sounds like you are not getting that for whatever reason.  Have you installed any third party audio apps?

Can you find an icon for the Maxx Audio UI, either in the hidden icons on the Task Bar or your listing of apps on the Start Menu.

November 10th, 2017 19:00

Hey, I have the same problem, I think, because I used to plugged my headphones to the port, and a notification pops out, saying what I will like to use, like speakers, or earphones, headsets, or something related. I have install Razer Surround 7.1 Pro, and Realtek Sounds Drivers, maybe thats the problem?

1 Message

November 13th, 2017 05:00

I had the same problem with my new Inspiron 15 7000. The Dell support assistant was useless.  I have  re installed  the MaxxAudioPro program from windows store, which informed me the audio driver was outdated (nothing from the DSA) downloaded the driver from Dell US  site problem fixed.

No Events found!