Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 15th, 2016 08:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Loud Fan Noise and Not Responding Graphics

Hi Dell Support,

I am having so much problem on this unit. First issue the graphics not responding and now second the loud fan noise! *** is happening to my Laptop. I just buy this laptop Last January 2016 and I am having so much problem on it! Can anyone repair or replace it? Please let me know if I can still replace or repair this laptop!

2K Posts

April 16th, 2016 05:00

Hi BONGSKY,

Does the system overheat? Does it stop working or turn off automatically? Are there any bluescreens / system crashes? When did the issue start? When do you encounter the graphics issue? What exactly is the problem with the graphics adapter / driver? What graphics adapter do you have an issue with? Is the issue seen with or without the adapter connected?

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1TZqnDE

Download the Intel video drivers from - http://intel.ly/1RdHykJ - for your OS and the AMD drivers from - http://bit.ly/1Lqm0Ld for Windows 8.1 and http://bit.ly/1iqwIba - for Windows 10.

Create a system restore point and then uninstall the existing video drivers from device manager and programs and features - then restart the system and install the Intel Driver first and then the AMD driver next. Should you have any issues during or after installation, you could always restore the system back.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

If the system is under warranty, then contact us via Twitter - @dellcares for faster communication or write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details. If there is no warranty, then we can help with a paid service call if required.

Keep us updated.

11 Posts

April 16th, 2016 06:00

Hi Support,

About the graphics I fix it for the meantime by updating the drivers both intel and radeon encountering not responding and recovered. My mean issue right now is the loud fan noise I encounter this Tuesday night when I was working remotely it just sounding very loud occasional it happen 3 to 5 times a day when I am using it. it does not overheat, it does not turning off and not a bluescreens it just sounded very loud that I could feel may laptop is vibrating. I just bought my laptop last december 2015 and still under warranty.

11 Posts

April 17th, 2016 00:00

My laptop was overheating I think the cpu fan is damage. Kindly please let me know what to do. My laptop is still under warranty.

2K Posts

April 17th, 2016 01:00

Hi BONGSKY,

Did you update the BIOS and check? Also, have you run the diags as advised in my previous post? Kindly confirm the same.

Once done, please send me a private message with the service tag of the system and your contact details and we shall book a service call and have the fan replaced.

Or for faster communication, you could contact us via Twitter - @dellcares and we can help with the same.

Keep us updated.

11 Posts

April 17th, 2016 09:00

Hi Rishi, Yes I have updated the BIOS and check and run the diagnostic. I was trying to send a msg to you But I could not make a msg. Still Occasionally the loud fan noise persist. I think the cpu fan is broken. I am now using a laptop cooler and electric fan to cool off my Laptop. I tried to send msgs on dellcare but no no response. 

2K Posts

April 20th, 2016 11:00

Hi BONGSKY,

Apologies that you did not receive any response from the team. 

I have sent you a private message, please respond to that with the required details and we can help further.

Thanks,

Rishi

2 Posts

July 4th, 2016 02:00

Hi support. I have been fine with my dell laptop for 4 months now. (Dell Inspiron 15-5559)

This has been until two days ago. I was just playing some video games (League of Legends) and watching some youtube videos in the background just as I usually do. My laptop then (out of no-where) moaned. I ignored it thinking it was just in a bad position. It stopped moaning and for the whole day it would randomly moan.

When i was in the middle of another match of LOL the next day and (with youtube in the background) my laptop began to vibrate and make a lot of noise. It kept doing it as if it was going to explode. I quickly turned it off and began to worry. After an hour, i turned it back on. I tried to play another video game and it began to vibrate. 

Now when i even start up my laptop it vibrates but not as bad as when i try to run programs. I have been asking around and apparently my fan is dirty. I need it cleaned but i do not want to pay a lot of money or have to completely take apart my laptop. I do not want to have to pay money because otherwise my parents will get angry at me and possibly take away my entertainment. I do not want to call up or anything because my parents are normally at home in turns. They will find out about my problem, you know the rest. 

Anyway, what I am really looking for is a way to clean up my fans so i can stop stressing and enjoy my upcoming two week holiday. Also a way that does not cost money.

Thanks,

DenDog

2K Posts

July 4th, 2016 11:00

Hi DenDog,

What is the current OS installed on the system? Is there any damage on the system? Are there any bluescreens or system crashes? Does the system overheat? Are you using the original Dell adapter? Does this happen with or without the adapter connected?

Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/292BInj- restart and reinstall the video drivers from the same site and check.

If the fan is still noisy, then download the service manual - http://dell.to/29jIF09- and clean the airvents and fan assembly with a can of compressed air or a small vacuum cleaner. And reapply thermal grease for the heatsink.

You could also try using a laptop cooling pad - this will help regulate the air flow and remove any accumulated heat - http://amzn.to/28YYonl

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.

If the issue stands unresolved, then a service call might be required to fix the issue on the system.

Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

2 Posts

October 10th, 2016 00:00

So my problem (TL:DR) is making a chainsaw kind of sound. It sounds like my fan is hitting something. I have updated all drivers, my BIOS is up to date but I am yet to open my product to avoid voiding my warranty. Another question, would a broken hinge void my warranty? Also my service tag at the bottom of my laptop is missing. Would my warranty still work?

2K Posts

October 13th, 2016 16:00

Hi DENDOG,

Thank you for the update.

Well, you could always, open the system up to help troubleshoot and isolate the source of the issue without physically breaking any components. We advise and users who are comfortable doing this, always comply.

The broken hinge - how did the hinge break? What is the exact issue with the hinge? 

Kindly send me a private message with the service tag of the system and your contact details, as per BIOS - press f2 on startup and you should find the service tag listed there.

Based on the system warranty, I shall advise further course of action.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!