Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2017 14:00

Dell Inspiron 15 5566

My laptop got wet a couple of weeks ago and when i took it to geek squad it worked. I got home and a few days after my laptop wouldn't turn on and it made 4 beeps. The screen won't turn on at all, I've tried all the tricks on here. I took out the battery and connected the charger and pressed the "on" button and it did the same thing, just 4 beeps. 

any one has an idea what this is? and how much is the average to get this fixed? 

Thanks

2K Posts

May 31st, 2017 23:00

Hi ABIGAILVELA,

The 4 beeps refer to Memory error - kindly review this article

What was the liquid spilt on the system? Was it over the keyboard / palmrest area?

Download the service manual here and remove and check the memory modules for any liquid / speck of dirt. Reseat the memory modules and check. Test each module in each slot and check if the system boots.

Either one of the memory modules are faulty or if both modules fail in any one slot, then the motherboard is faulty. 

If there is no accidental warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ 

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!