Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 12th, 2017 18:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Dropping FPS

Hello everybody,

I have an above mentioned Dell Gaming Laptop ( i7, GTX 1050 Ti, 16GB Ram, +SSD) Just got it  3 days ago. I updated all drivers and unfortunately I have serious lag drops during the game every 1-2 minute or less. I have read lots of forums already seeing people facing this issue too like CPU throttling. I tried to reinstall to the factory windows and Nvidia driver but I still have the issue. ANYONE who has found a solution??

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 13th, 2017 09:00

I have the same issue on my XPS 15 9530.  After playing a game for 30-40 minutes, I'll get severe drops (like 150 FPS down to 24) for several minutes, then it will pick back up for a few minutes, then drop, and back and forth.  I used an application whose name I can't remember to log CPU and GPU temps during a session once and it was very clear that throttling began and ended at specific temperatures. I talked to Dell and they said that even for an XPS system that's billed as a premium system and capable of gaming, that was considered normal operation. I wasn't thrilled.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 13th, 2017 09:00

What game or games are you playing and how do you play?   FPS info from in game utility?

3 Posts

August 13th, 2017 10:00

I am playing with Train Simulator 2017, Cities Skylines, Transport Fever. These games run beautifully on this Laptop with nice high settings even i tried the highest as well and I had FPS above 30. I am just not sure why is this happening. I set settings back and it happened the same way just dropping FPS for a couple of sec.

No Events found!