Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 23rd, 2009 05:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 troubles

Hey, I just recently signed up, so sorry if this isn't right. On to the problem.

I bought two custom made Dell Inspiron 1525s. One for me, and one for my friend. Everything was fine, working well, until a week or so later. Startup repair started to come up, saying 'corrupt files' and such. When it did this, it worked fine, which we thought was ok. Then it happened to me, and I had to factory restore my laptop. It happens to both our laptops. I contacted Dell once before, and they told us to only install important updates, which we did. Everything seemed fine, but it happened again. My friend had to factory restor hers 2 or 3 times, I had to restore min 2 or 4 times. I've been losing my anti-virus software, and it's costing me a lot. Quite frankly, I don't know what to do. We are careful with our laptops, and it will just be random when it happens. We think it's Vista, but I don't know.

Here is some info on our laptop to see if it helps.

(Both have the same exact laptop)

Dell Inspiron 1525

Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001)

English

Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A13

Any ideas?

2038MB is the RAM. And I'm not sure of the video cards. I don't know if the chips have gone bad, nor do I know how to tell. I don't know why they would have been doing it since we got them. Do you know of any trust worthy places to take it to to get it checked? I'm not too smart when it comes down the the nitty gritty of a computer, I hate to say.

32 Posts

What is the RAM on these machines.  Video cards? You shouln't keep paying for anti virus software over and over. Just tell the Anti-virus software company your situation i'm sure they will understand. Anyway, could be a physical chip gone bad? with the BIOS software as well.

3.6K Posts

The 1525's do not have a video card,they have integrated video.Anyway,at boot up hit f12 key(when you see the dell logo) and select dell diagnostics,run the test on the hard drive,and post back.

February 24th, 2009 05:00

I ran it, but it didn't run just the hard drive. (I probably did something wrong). But tested the whole system and took the whole day. It said everything 'passed', but when I tried to start it up, it still didn't work.

February 24th, 2009 06:00

A/V? I don't know what that is :x

In any case, should I just factory restore it? I can't get anywhere other than the "Start up Repair."

EDIT: I tried System Restore, no luck. I viewed the errors, and had to write them down. Hopefully this will help even a little?

Problem Event Name: Startup RepairV2

Problem Signature 01: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.6.0.6001.18000

Problem Signature 03: 6

Problem Signature 04: 458759

Problem Signature 05: CorruptFile

Problem Signature 06: CorruptFile

Problem Signature 07: 3221225624

Problem Signature 08: 2

Problem Signature 09: SystemRestore

Problem Signature 10: 0

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.2561

Local ID: 1033

3.6K Posts

February 24th, 2009 06:00

No you did not do anything wrong,you ran the extended tests which is good.Since everything passed with extended tests then it is more than likely a software problem somewhere.

EDIT:If you have an A/V program run it to see if your system is infected in anyway.Post back with any problems or need more help.

No Events found!