Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2016 22:00

Dell Inspiron 15r 5520 powers off immediately when plugged in

Hello,

Another post to show how bad dell hardwares are:

My laptop powers off suddenly whenever I plugged in the charger. When it runs in battery, it is fine. But as soon as I plugged in, it powers off.

I purchased new battery ---> no change, still powers off when AC adapter plugged in.

I replaced AC adapter ----> no change, still powers off when AC adapter plugged in.

Removed battery and when run only in AC power---> powers off.

Now what I have to do? Replace the mother board?

Let me tell you how bad your hardware *** is:

1. Back in 2012, when I purchased this I got mic/camera not working issue. Called Dell and they replaced the entire mother board for this. ( since it was in warranty, I was quite OK with that )
. But wondered how bad the hardware is. i.e within six months of purchase hardware failure.

2.  Once when the warranty got over, immediately after one year another issue came up. It won't charge the battery while plugged in. This time I contacted Dell and they replaced the whole motherboard (sigh!!!) for this. They charged INR 10,000 for this.

3. Next after a year after the above incident happend, they keyboard didn't work. I purchased a new one and replaced it myself.

4. Now, when I plug the AC adapter to charge the laptop, it immediately powers off. I'm 100% sure again I have to change the motherboard. ( I'm not sure the mother board for this model is in stock or not ) .

This is a series of hardware failure within 4 years. I heard that Dell gets the faulty motherboard and refurbish and then gives back to customers. That is the reason for these hardware failures. MAN, how many times one has to change Motherboard?

PS: I will never ever recommend dell to any one and won't buy one myself in the future due to these above mentioned shits.

5 Posts

December 31st, 2016 21:00

No one to answer? These many hardware failures within short span. Are you making laptop motherboard  from scrap?

No Events found!