Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2013 00:00

Dell Inspiron 15r(N5010) 8 beeps

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R(N5010) with 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v.

Yesterday I downloaded & updated Windows package & restarted laptop. While it was shutting down, i heard beeps with black screen !!! I waited for 5 minutes and then pressed the power button for 15 seconds. After a minute start again the display remains black .On start-up it beeps 13 times & then repeating 8 beeps every 3-5 seconds with no display. Even on boot up, I connected to TV with HDMI cable pressing F1 key, but I am not getting display on the TV.

Now I don't know what the problem is. Please let me suggest what I can do to figure out my problem

October 30th, 2013 02:00

Hi Jaimin Gandhi,

I’d be glad to assist you regarding the same, 8 beeps indicate the LCD failure for your computer

1. Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer and remove any cables or devices connected to the computer and press and hold the power button for a minute which will release the flea power present inside.

2. Restart the computer and as you’ve tried connecting an external monitor, please try connecting through the VGA cable (if available)

Please try these steps and also provide us the Service tag of your computer on a private message so that we can check the system information. To send a private message, click on my user name and select send a Private Message and provide your service tag and contact information.

Let us know if this helps.

No Events found!