Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2015 05:00

Dell Inspiron 17R SE 7720 hiccup connected to power-adapter

I need some advice. We have a laptop 18 months old. When it working on battery power eventing play smooth (normal). But when the power-adapter is connected then there is between 5 a 30 seconds a hiccup. When playing a video the screen locks and the audio skips. Playing a game is terrible.

Do someone have a idea how to correct this problem!

The laptop is reinstalled and we bought a new original power-supply that was no solution

January 17th, 2015 07:00

Hi Xenomes,

Please go to this link http://dell.to/1lTHx4p punch in the service tag go to drivers try updating bios and video drivers. Where are you playing the videos from? 

5 Posts

January 18th, 2015 12:00

Thank you for the support! The bios was the latest version. The Intel and NVidia driver was the latest from the manufacturer sites. So I installed both versions of the Dell site and the problem is gone! I don't understand the relation between de power connected on laptop / laptop running on battery and the video drivers?

January 21st, 2015 05:00

Hi Xenomes,

Earlier you had installed the drivers from the manufacturer's site. Manufacturer's site will have the generic drivers for the hardware. It is not tested on your system whereas the drivers available on Dell website are tested on the system. Hence this fixed the issue. Test the system and let us know if you encounter any issues.

5 Posts

January 21st, 2015 06:00

The system is running great for the last days! If there is a problem i comment the topic, but it looks very good.

No Events found!