Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2014 01:00

Dell Inspiron 3521 hangs on DELL logo bootscreen for ages

Hi,

My Inspiron 3521 hangs on the DELL logo bootscreen for ages. It does continue booting after a while (5 minutes +) but I really want that fixed.
The weird thing is that once it is booted, the boot speed is fine. But as soon as the laptop was off for a while, I get this 5 to 10 minute startup problem.

I searched the forums and saw that changing the SATA settings in the in the BIOS might work. Although it was mentioned it's a problem which occors when you have a SSD installed (which I don't) I tried it never the less, without result.

I ran diagnostics and everything seems to be fine. Only thing is that the HD and memory test end at the same time (while the HD test starts way earlier) but I can imagen that a HD test takes quite some time.

I even ran a long HD test and also that turns up fine.

Any other idea's / options? Thanks in advance.

6 Posts

April 17th, 2014 05:00

Can someone from Dell (or someone else) respond to this question?

April 17th, 2014 06:00

If QuickBoot is disabled, there are chances that POST takes longer time to complete. Try enabling QuickBoot in BIOS and then check:

6 Posts

April 20th, 2014 09:00

There is no such option in the BIOS of my laptop. There is no way for met to get any summary screen or diagnostic screen. So no clue why the laptop hangs on the DELL logo.

Thing is that normally you get these dots going in circles underneath the DELL logo, but even before those dots come, it freezes for ages.

April 20th, 2014 09:00

Kindly check for QuickBoot option. If present, make sure it's set to enabled.

6 Posts

April 28th, 2014 05:00

The quickboot option is enabled. Doesn't help.

6 Posts

April 28th, 2014 05:00

Problem seems to be getting worse as well. It used to be a couple of minutes and then it would continue starting up.

Now I do have to shut down and restart the laptop a couple of times before it continues past the DELL logo screen.

April 28th, 2014 06:00

Then it's very likely the CMOS battery is nearing its end of life. Try replacing the CMOS battery and check.

6 Posts

April 28th, 2014 06:00

That would be very strange since the laptop was bought end of september 2013. To be honest, I do have warranty so I don't really like to open up the laptop with the risk to lose my warranty. I've contacted dell support today in the hopes that they either have a sollution, or that they will pick it up and fix it. Thanks for the help!

April 28th, 2014 10:00

That would be very strange since the laptop was bought end of september 2013. To be honest, I do have warranty so I don't really like to open up the laptop with the risk to lose my warranty. I've contacted dell support today in the hopes that they either have a sollution, or that they will pick it up and fix it. Thanks for the help!

That's a wise decision. Seven months is not a long period for CMOS battery to drain out. Hopefully, Dell support will get that fixed.

No Events found!