Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 13th, 2014 08:00

Dell Inspiron 3537 No usb boot option.

I have no usb boot option and i cant seem to enable it no matter what i change.

Can you please walk me through the steps?

Also the laptop has Linux on it that i cant seem to boot either,all i get after the format that i did at the partition that had windows is a syslinux blackscreen.

Let me note that i had the usb option pre-bios update.I updated bios because i could not install wifi and bluetooth drivers.

4 Posts

October 13th, 2014 10:00

We found out that the reason behind "Boot from USB" disapearing is the bios update.If you update your bios -that you have to,in order to install the network drivers - the boot from usb disappears.

Well done Dell.

4 Posts

October 13th, 2014 08:00

Its an emergency.I have to provide my thesis in less than 24hours and i need it to either boot from usb to format it or boot to linux.

4 Posts

October 13th, 2014 10:00

We found out that the bios update removes the "Boot from USB" option.The thing is that you need to update the bios in order to install the network drivers.

Well done Dell.

2 Posts

November 15th, 2014 06:00

Ok, i think i found the solution. My bios is the A08 and with 8.1 bootable usb i changed the uefi to legacy. Although when i changed it to legacy no device was shown at the list, the windows installation started normally! When the first reboot was auto done by installation, i instantly removed the drive so as the installation not to start again and after the windows logo showed i plugged in again my flash drive. After i put my settings and saw my desktop i rebooted and instantly went to bios settings and changed back to uefi and activated secure boot! Drivers installed perfectly because of the bios update and really happy now!

No Events found!