Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2016 03:00

Dell Inspiron 5558 3 months old and hinge is broken, poor plastics used by Dell

I have a 3 month old Inspiron 5558 that won't close properly because left side hinge is broken. 

It was a bitter experience with Dell. I have been using my laptop with utmost care and never hit anywhere or physically damaged, as per your words.
Before buying laptop, Dell store person told that I will get express service and the person will visit home if there is any issue. But now there is no one to help even when I called 8 times since morning.
Dell is asking for 8k+ to repair one hinge.

August 2nd, 2016 11:00

Hi nanaiahkp,

Please private message me the pictures showing the hinge issue, service tag, owner's name we can check what best can be done to address your concern.

1 Message

August 4th, 2016 17:00

Funny, I have the same problem and was told by Dell that they have not seen ANY issues like this and that I damaged the laptop.  Oh, they also said it would not be covered under warranty.  Even though the email I received from Dell says:  IN15 - 5558 : 1 Yr Ltd Hware Warranty: Mail-in; Customer supplies box, Dell pays shipping (Included in Price)

I spoke to the warranty department and told it was covered under warranty, then I was transferred to non-warranty and was told I could pay for the repairs, then I was transferred back to Warranty when I debated the issue.  Their I was essentially hung up on.. 

I am very disappointed with Dell, their product and their customer no-service as Clark Howard says.  Actually, I may contact Clark and talk to him about this on the air.  I was treated like an idiot.  I suspect this might be part of the reason my company switched to a competitor for computers.

2 Posts

August 8th, 2016 10:00

Hi Pradeep, thanks for your response. Please pass your mail id. I will reply to it. <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!