Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 25th, 2013 06:00

Dell Inspiron 5737 will not go to SLEEP or HYBERNATE

This is rediculous... I got a new Dell Inspiron 5737 and:

- when you close the lid or press the button or start to either go to SLEEP or HYBERNATE

- the screen goes BLANK 

- the laptop continues to operate but with a black screen

- you cannot wake it up

- only way to make it work again is to do a HARD REBOOT!!!

I tried so many things:

- updated all display drivers

- BIOS to A06

- changed the settings in sharing that did not allow to sleep when in AC power

CAN ANEYONE PLEASE HELP?

STILL THE PROBLEM REMAINS!

I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH DELL I WILL NEVER STRAY FROM SONY AGAIN!!!

5 Posts

December 26th, 2013 02:00

Same problem with inspiron 5537.

December 26th, 2013 06:00

We bought 3 same laptops from Dell all with the same problem and nobody from DELL seems to care.

This is definately the last time I waste my money byuing from DELL.

December 27th, 2013 08:00

After contacting DELL support Greece today it seems that the problem was solved as follows:

1. Upgrade BIOS to A06.

2. Download (do not install yet) the drivers for Windows 8.1 from DELL's site (not from the manufacturers) for Chipset x 2 and Display x 2. These are the ones in the attached image.

3. Go to Device manager and uninstall the Device AMD Radeon 8800M. Check the box to uninstall ALL software from this device.

4. From Programs and Features uninstall all AMD-CATALYST software. I had only 1.

5. Install all drivers EXCEPT the one for VIDEO_AMD - the first one in the image above.

6. Restart.

7. Check if the AMD device is still uninstalled if not go to step 3.

8. Install the driver "Video_AMD....". This is the driver for AMD Radeon 8800M and above the first one in the image.

9. Restart.

It should now work.

December 27th, 2013 09:00

Great then!!! :P

5 Posts

December 27th, 2013 09:00

Yeap, works for me. Already did it yesterday :)

3 Posts

January 11th, 2014 04:00

I fixed my problem using the instructions above.   But I do not have the possibility to control Radeon graphics. Previously I had the possibility to choose the graphics for the program working. In addition after installing Intel Graphics Adapter WDDM 1.2 & 1.3, sleeping doesn't work again! I'm trying to recover my system to the previous point right know. Dell responded after two weeks, for my previous question - I have no idea how the next bussiness day quarantee works....

regards,

Mariusz

February 4th, 2014 06:00

It works, except for sleep mode:

after entering sleep mode (which seems to go flawlessy, with the power led "breathing"), I can wake up the laptop by pressing briefly the power button i.e. not a hard reboot. However it does reboot and I lose any work I was doing; I also get a windows error report.

February 4th, 2014 07:00

Did you download the new drivers for Win 8.1?

3 Posts

February 4th, 2014 10:00

I did all what is written above. All drivers are updated.

I am about to download and install Win 8 once again. The recovery option doesn't work as well.

Dell doesn't respond for mails, I have no time to call by 17.00, when they work.

Will I have any problems after reinstalling WIn 8?

Mario

February 4th, 2014 11:00

Yes, I used Windows 8.1 drivers.

By the way, I am pretty sure the blame should fall on the AMD video card driver (or on Microsoft for messing up with its compatibility after the Windows 8.1 update): all these issues disappeared when I un-installed it - which sadly means not being able to use the AMD card...

2 Posts

February 9th, 2014 08:00

I have been trying for 3 weeks, I got the videocard working or the suspension mode.

Today I figured it out:

Download the original drivers for AMD and intel video from dell site.

Now disable internet connection

Remove AMD driver (program files --> uninstaller)

Reboot in safe mode

Remove intel graphics family(in device manager, select remove drivers also)

now reboot en install dell driver for intel graphics

reboot again

now install dell driver for amd HD 8870m

now everything is working (including catalyst control centre with switch-able graphics)

However.... after reboot, windows may use newer drivers, so check driver versions:

AMD HD 8870m should be V. 12.100.14.7000

Intel HD graphics family should be V. 9.18.10.3310

If they are changed try Driver Rollback button in device manager.

Good luck, this did work for me!

3 Posts

March 6th, 2014 18:00

I have been trying since i bought the machine.

It seems to be a problem with dell computers. Was onto tech support for hours the last few days, even sent someone out with a new motherboard!

I'm going to try your method. If it doesnt work i'm insisting on a refund for a shoddy product.

March 7th, 2014 03:00

You are right. I will NEVER EVER buy anything Dell again. First and last time.

They ought to have solved this VERY COMMON problem.

16 Posts

March 7th, 2014 04:00

+1, it's a shame

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 13th, 2014 06:00

also +1(dell5537,amd8670)

... shame on dell, I can't beleive in 2014 we can still buy  a brand new but not working computer because of a driver problem !!

No Events found!