Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2016 01:00

Dell Inspiron 7559 Does Not Boot After Win10 Anniversary Update + Antivirus Re-Installation

I have the Dell Inspiron 7559 (non-touch) and was able to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today after a long session of sitting though Windows Updates. Everything seemed to work fine, except that I had to uninstall my antivirus (Symantec Endpoint Protection). No biggie, I'll just reinstall it after the update. I think it also said that the Intel WiDi drivers had to be uninstalled as well, which it did automatically, but that was all that happened during that process.

So I attempt to do so, and I was able to install it via the .msi file (the .exe file wouldn't work for some reason), and the computer begins to reboot. Constantly. The laptop would freeze somewhere from when the login screen appears to a couple minutes after that. It would hang for a couple minutes, then reboot. It rebooted enough times for it to go to the Windows 10 recovery options. I just told it to restart so that I could tell it to boot into safe mode on the next bootup (shift-click restart when I got inside Windows). It works, and I then tell it to boot into safe mode.

Now my laptop won't boot at all. It won't go past the Dell logo. I can enter the BIOS and the boot options menu, as well as load the ePSA diagnostics tool and have the tests pass (no errors). But it won't get past the Dell logo after this. It doesn't restart, flash lights or anything like that. Just hangs on the Dell logo.

How can I resolve this issue?

September 1st, 2016 11:00

Hello,

Open the BIOS and make sure that UEFI Boot and Secure Boot are both enabled. Also try loading BIOS defaults and make sure that the primary boot device is set as the Hard drive

No Events found!