Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 29th, 2013 07:00

Dell Inspiron E-1505

Hi:

I am seeking to reload operating system, drivers, and software onto a Del Inspiron E-1505 due to virus infection.  I have the OP disk (green), drivers disk (blue) and the software.  What is the proper reload procedure that should be followed.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

Hi RTOB,

May I know the operating system installed on your computer so that I can help you with the steps.
Note: This step leads to complete data loss including pictures, music files, videos, documents and applications. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well.

Once you have re-installed the operating system on your computer, please ensure to install the drivers in the correct order. Please refer to the link on How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order.

Hope this information helps.

5 Posts

Operating system is Windows XP Professional

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

May 29th, 2013 09:00

Hi RTOB,

Thank you for the response. Here are the steps to manually install Windows XP on your computer.

• Turn the computer completely off.
  • Restart the computer and start tapping the F12 key at the Dell logo on the first screen.
  • You will see one time boot menu listing a couple of options to boot the computer from.
  • Insert the Windows XP CD in the drive now.
  • Select "CD/DVD" option from this screen and press "Enter" key.
  • The computer will display a message asking to "Press any key to boot from the CD".
  • Press any key on the keyboard immediately as you will have only 3 seconds to press a key.
  • Now you should see a blue screen with "Windows Setup" written on top.
  • At the end of this screen, you will have options either to get into "Recovery Console" by pressing "R" or to setup Windows XP by pressing "Enter" key. Please press the "Enter" key.
  • The next screen should be to accept the agreement. Please read the agreement and press "F8" to accept it.
  • The next screen would have an option to press "Esc" key to setup a fresh copy of windows XP.
  • The next screen would list the partitions available to setup windows XP on. Please select the partition that is largest in size and press "Enter" key.
  • Press "C" to continue using the same partition on the next screen.
  • The next screen would list a few different options to format the partition. Please select "NTFS(Quick)".
  • Press "F" to format the drive now.
  • The computer will format the hard drive and will copy certain files off the CD on to the computer and will restart.
  • Let the computer boot off the hard drive this time and it will start the windows XP installation phase which will take about 39 minutes.

Hope this helps.

5 Posts

May 29th, 2013 14:00

Now that I have the system loaded, cannot figure out how to connect to internet - which drivers do I choose?

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

May 30th, 2013 12:00

Hi RTOB,

Please refer to the link on How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order.

How do you connected to the internet (via cable or Wireless)?

You may check the card shipped with your system from the following link http://dell.to/13LWJoE -> type the Service tag of the computer -> click on System Configuration -> Original Configuration. Accordingly, you can install the drivers.

In case you are unable to find the card information, you may provide the hardware ID so that I can look for the driver. Expand Other Devices, right click on Network Controller/Ethernet Controller -> choose Properties -> Details -> from the drop-down under properties, choose Hardware ID.

Please reply if you have any questions.

No Events found!