Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

October 13th, 2012 03:00

Dell Inspiron N5010 Brightness (Fn + F4 & F5) key not working

hi all i am having problem with my dell inspiron N5010 i installed windows xp on it and found all drivers but i cant use the brightness keys i try alot to find the soloution but failed can any body help me to fix this

943 Posts

October 13th, 2012 04:00

Hi

Welcome to the community

Seems like Dell Quickset drivers are not installed on the system, but I would like to inform you, windows XP drivers for this particular system model are not available. However you can try to install the driver from the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/Qv5rAW

Please reply if you have any further questions

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

16 Posts

October 13th, 2012 05:00

i try to install the given driver but its generating error that    " this is not a supported system setup cannot complete"

is there any other solution because my laptop brightness is to low.

16 Posts

October 13th, 2012 06:00

HI

i try this but still nothing happening

16 Posts

i checked all others function keys are working but the brightness keys are not working.

943 Posts

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I would suggest you to change the function key behavior in setup menu. In order to do that follow the below mentioned steps:

1) Reboot the computer.

2) When prompted during POST, press the key to enter the setup screen.

3) At the top you will see “Advanced tab” please click on that.

4) Then click on function key behavior and click on multimedia key and press F10 to save changes and exit.

5) Restart your system and then press F5 to increase brightness and F4 to decrease it.

Please reply if you have any further question.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

16 Posts

October 15th, 2012 23:00

any update from any one

943 Posts

October 17th, 2012 18:00

Hi,

We only have tested drivers for windows 7 and windows vista for N5010 laptop. The Windows XP drivers are not available for this system as of now on our support website. You would be able to search on the internet for the particular drivers; however, the drivers might not be tried and tested for the computer you are using.

Please get back for any more clarification.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

January 21st, 2013 09:00

Hi, It seemed that Dell didn't provide a quick set application for N5010 model for XP. I also tried some other quick set application designed for other Dell models but  no result..... And quick set application can only be provided by Dell for a dell system, So I think Googling for the software may not work...But don't quit searching and trying.

But you can use Dlighter or desktop lighter which is a desktop brightness control application...... It works on my N5010.

Best of luck

No Events found!