Highlighted
hemantamondal
1 Copper

Re: Dell Inspiron N5010 Temperature Issue!

I have the same problem.M friends are having sony  viao.I didn't notice this problem on sony.but when I use my inspiron 5010 for 1hrs it's too hot.plz help me. 

Zoomelliott
1 Nickel

Same here i7 + hd5650 gets too hot (burns your finger on the side of esc key) and shut itself down sometimes. Cleaning the ventilation grill with air and a brush helps a bit. 

Not happy!

0 Kudos
caras_ionut
1 Copper

and I had the same problem with my laptop .. I went to the warranty and they  have changed the cooling system and HDD...

0 Kudos
Prathameshs
1 Copper

I bought d same series of laptop N5010 wid i3 processor, 320gb Hdd, 1gb ram, 512 Mb Ati radeon graphic card. my laptop started giving me heating issues after 3-4 months of purchase & after that twice my heatsink & motherboard has been changed by dell. But still d problem arises after 2-3 months of use.

Recently i found a solution, just open ur laptop, remove the heat sink, & open the fan & clean it from inside, also change the thermal compound on the processor & graphic card. This is wat i did & d results were excellent.... d temp has dropped from 75-80 C to 40-45 C.

0 Kudos
ng khanmein
1 Copper

1st of all dun click the "GAME EXPLORER" at the start there! (u get what i trying to said) follow this 2 link

kuyadoconcept.blogspot.com/.../terminate-not-responding-game-explorer.html

kuyadoconcept.blogspot.com/.../disable-game-explorer-feature.html

2nd supportapj.dell.com/.../driverslist.aspx upgrade ur bios to A15 (compulsory) u need insert ur battery & use power brick adapter & close all program that running (don't turn off ur power when during/after installation) when is done ur lappy will auto-restart!

3rd if u playing old game like counter strike (open task manager) u will notice rundll32.exe is running then u should END PROCESS it! kuyadoconcept.blogspot.com/.../store.html *download kudayo explorer restarter to disable all time* so u no need so troublesome

i'm dell inspiron 15R N5010 user & my lappy still kicking strong. as long ur lappy at underneath got some ventilation then it might help a lot. even though germany ambient temp r cooler than M'sia. i bought Zalman NC-2000 at amazon germany cos my cousins stay there. around 40-50 euro only! so a cooling pad r badly needed!

for those having issue on N5110 i suggest returning it cos might due to sandy bridge issue! i know a guy having hang + lag issue when inserting pendrive for transferring files & write/copy sry i can't help!

still got any issue just share v me i will tried my best to help u guys out! respect~

0 Kudos
overflop
1 Copper

Hi, I'm suffering the same. Processor is on fire, HDD too just add bacon and here we go. Intel i7, ATi HD 5650.

Service replaced my heatsink several times.

When it was new, everything is ok, but after few months fan fills up with dust and I'm back to square one. I'm very careful about dust around my PC but it will happen anyway.

I also tried to clean it with air, but this helps very little. Well, it is no good way to clean it from outside.

I would clean it from inside, but heatsink is all the way down under motherboard and something could be easily broken.  

Would somebody share experience with cleaning and mainly with motherboard removal? Thanks :-)

Suggested diagnostics won't help, because PC is OK, there is nothing wrong with it.

0 Kudos
overflop
1 Copper

Hi guys, this is little update for my recent post. I got so angry, so I did several steps to get rid of this problem.

1. Update BIOS to last version (A15)

2. I tried to blow fan with air. I blocked fan with folded piece of paper, put through bottom grid -> IMPORTANT! othewise you may damage fan bearings <-   then I blow the hell out of it.  

I assume that results depends on how much dust is in your heat grid / fan. Realy big pieces are likely to get stuck in fin, because fan is still pushing air through it. So air blowing won't help.

3. I bought very good thermal grease (5 g - 10 USD/8 EUR), print out assembly manual and went though it.

Few tips:

- use some kind of plastic tool/needle, something which is non-conducting and also soft enough it wont damage you case as you opening it

-prepare some rubbing alcohol (i read that Isopropyl alcohol is very good or special grease removal, tissues and plastic credit card ) to get rid of the old thermal grease

-as you progress take your time, about screws -  make sure that you unscrew every single one which holds part you're removing - I know "how dumb advise is that" but it happens Smiley Very Happy

4. Heatsink - if you don't want to change / don't have thermal grease, just leave heatsink attachted to motherboard and simply unscrew 4 little ones on fan cover and you can clean fan and heatsink fins easily

5.Thermal grease -  that old grey grease - try to remove all of it on both parts (Heatsink, processor) and create smooth surface, to apply new one on processor I used my finger in plastic bag - worked fine - create thin layer, put heatsink carefully back and that's it  - I DID NOT APPLIED THERMAL GREASE ON GPU PARTS I wasn't sure if it will be ok so I leave old one there, maybe next time :-)

Results: normal load (internet browser) CPU, GPU and other temps are 15°C down - from 60 -> 45°C

HDD temp is now constant still 42°C (before it went up and down due to remaining heat in PC).

Zoomelliott
1 Nickel

I did the same in early December, unscrewed the whole machine, repasted the i7 cpu...cleaned the heat grid (haft of it was blocked by dust) and yes temperature dropped from 75 to 50 degrees.

Almost 2 months later it is 5 degrees more, still all right but in 2 months I will have to unscrew the whole machine and clean up the heatsink again.

Unacceptable Dell !!!

0 Kudos
ashiq.j
1 Copper

pls see my post with more screen shots about this problem

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19452973.aspx

some one mentioned this there

To resolve your system issue, try updating the BIOS & video drivers using below mentioned link.

BIOS: http://dell.to/JYrfWH

Video: http://dell.to/MEsbun

Thanks,

Karan

Dell / Social Media Outreach Global / Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
Anonymous
6 Gallium

Actually we're talking about DELL Inspiron 5010, and you sent the link on bios from Inspiron 5110 Smiley Sad

0 Kudos