Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2012 00:00

Dell Inspiron drivers for XP - Intel Turbo Boost Technology

I am in the middle of setting up XP on the Dell Inspiron 1464.  I have a fresh system with most of the drivers already in place.

However I have found the performance of XP to be quite slow and I'm not sure as to the cause.

I was reviewing the driverset from the CD that shipped with this laptop and I have found that there is a driver for Intel Turbo Boost Technology.

However this driver:

Intel Turbo Boost Technology
Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver
Release Date: 1/25/2010
Importance: Recommended
Version: 1.0.1.1002, A02 See Previous Versions

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-1764?driverId=47D4G&fileId=2731092427&osCode=W764

Contained in R254506.exe does not seem to be suitable for XP.  It only works for Win7.

I wonder if someone can point to an equivalent for XP.

Thanks.

Paolo

1.1K Posts

October 30th, 2012 05:00

Hi Paolo,

Inspiron 1464 is shipped with Windows 7 only. Dell has not tested the functionality of Windows XP with this system. Hence, windows XP drivers are not available with this system. You can try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and see if that works fine:

• Download the drivers for your computer from link above.
  • Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties -- > Compatibility Tab
  • Select Windows Vista from the list in the following image.
  • Click Apply -- > OK
  • Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

If the issue still persists, you may need to get Windows 7 drivers from the device manufacturer's website.

Please reply for any clarifications.

17 Posts

October 30th, 2012 06:00

I should clarify perhaps that I am working with XP.  The Compatibility page on XP does not look like this.  I would like to get an XP version of the Intel Turbo Boost Technology driver if that is possible.

1.1K Posts

October 30th, 2012 07:00

Hi Paolo,

Apologies for the typographical error. Since Windows XP drivers are not available with this system, you can try to install the driver(s) in compatibility mode. If it does not work, you may need to get Windows XP drivers from the device manufacturer's website.

Please reply for any further questions.

3.8K Posts

May 16th, 2013 02:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                      

No Events found!