Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2016 07:00

Dell L322X battery issue

Hi all,

I bought a Dell L322X laptop off eBay around 8 months ago. Its worked fine till now, with no issues or problems. I recently had the "Plugged in, not charging" issue with the battery; it was fixed with a charger off eBay that wasn't Dell made. I've since ordered a new original Dell charger off Amazon, it worked fine for around 2-3 weeks.

However, the battery has since reduced its capacity on what seems like a weekly basis. First it stopped charging at 78%, and kept on going down by around 2-3% a week. It would charge up to 78%, and then stop and say it would take 4-5 hours to fully charge the battery. Even when left overnight on charge it wouldn't go any higher then 78%. It now stops at 60% but when I hover over the battery icon it displays the "Plugged in, charging" message. I've used the Dell detection program and it says there's no fault with the battery so I'm not sure what the issue is here. Do you think its a battery issue and I need a new one? That's what the local computer shop suspected was wrong but I've read that it may be a software issue with Windows 10, and was wondering whether anyone knows anything that could help me here? I'm a student so need the full capacity without having to charge it every few hours.

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 7th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

We would like to inform you that the system ( L322x ) is an end of life system and the issue describe confirms the system battery is at fault or failing. Since this is a sealed system and end of life we would not be able to tell you if we would be able to source the battery to offer any service,however private message the service tag and email address.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!