Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2013 07:00

Dell N7110 motherboard Swap

My Dell N7110 mother board Got failed to power-up the LED (Checked with external service personnel). My product warranty was expired. So I am trying to buy new one motherboard. My Question is My actual board is 7830J which doesn't have Nvidia discrete graphics card, Can I replace with 9NWTG which has 2gb of Nvidia. As per my little knowledge I found I want to change DC power jack and Heat sink. Any other parts should I want to replace. Pls tell me your concern on this issue. Also is there any possibilities to get the mother board in India itself. Thanks.

April 3rd, 2013 04:00

Hi ASHOKKUMAR,

You should be able to upgrade the motherboard to a discrete one. In addition to the parts mentioned above, an upgraded 90W ac adapter might also be required if you are going to use a dual core CPU with your system or a 130W ac adapter if you are using a Quad core processor.

Part availability varies from region to region. You may have to get in touch with the local sales department. You may contact Sales at :1800-425-4026 / 080-2506-802 

For more information on upgrading your system you may refer to the Service Manual : http://bit.ly/YvgnFe 

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any further questions.

April 4th, 2013 02:00

Thanks Sundeep,

I will try that option and post the further result.

Regards,

Ashokkumar. P

April 5th, 2013 03:00

Hi Ashokkumar. P,

Thank you for the response. Please keep me posted. Let me know if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist you.

2 Posts

August 12th, 2016 19:00

Why do I need to change the DC power jack if I replace the motherboard? and what power jack should I use?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 13th, 2016 04:00

You don't need to replace the DC jack if the power adapter is correctly identified.  If it shows unknown, replace the jack.

Also note:  to change from Intel to nVidia or the reverse, you'll need a new heatsink assembly - the heatsink from one won't fit the other.

And though a 65W adapter will power a system with an i5 or lower CPU and integrated video, you'll need 130W or more for an discrete video - or an i7 CPU.

2 Posts

August 13th, 2016 07:00

Ok thanks, but if I need to replace the DC jack, is there a special jack that I will have to use?

No Events found!