Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 31st, 2012 16:00

Dell Secure Manager

Hello all,i bought a laptop from someone,was everything fine i was used a time,now i was set a password,and isn`t recoznige it in dell secure manager,this laptop was bought from a friend from spain i think that was activated the old password on the old owner,can someone help me to unlock my laptop?

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

November 1st, 2012 00:00

Hi,the model name is DeLL Latitude E5410 , with service tag   <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> , i was bought from a friend who is in bussiness with laptop from Spain,my laptop is a spanish model customized, it was worked fine but i was flash the bios from A07 to A10 and then from A10 to A13 ,after that i was made some changes in my bios for securitty,and i was put a  password on HDD,and a password on System, wasn`t let me put a password on Admin ,i supose that was configured by the old owner, then i was give restart and appears me DeLL Data Secure Manager and he didn`t recognize any of my password because the Admin password wasn`t mine,so if is any solution to that problem i`ll be greatfull,and how do i check if that laptop is stolen of not?i don`t want a stolen thing.And i can`t log in into windows ,after i type the password 3 times wrong my laptop is shuting down.Thank you in advance.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

October 31st, 2012 21:00

Hi dolcecristi,

I will be glad to assist you, I request you to answer a few questions to help you better:

(1) May I have the system model?

(2) What type of password is being asked? Is it a finger print technology or an alpha-numeric password?

(3) Are you able to login to windows?

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 1st, 2012 21:00

Hi dolcecristi,

Unfortunately we would not be able to check if the laptop was stolen or not. To fix your issue I suggest that you do an Operating system reinstallation where the computer will go back to the factory settings like the same way it came from Dell but all the Data on the computer will be lost.

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2012 03:00

i was try to make that but doesn`t boot must provide the password b4,my dvd-rom stops i think that because first boot is the hdd ..and i can`t change that because i can`t in to my bios..any sugestions?

1 Rookie

• 

4 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 05:00

problem was solved,i was type the passwords and it was work this time .

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

November 5th, 2012 05:00

Hi dolcecristi,

It is good to know that the issue is now resolved. If you have any further questions please reply to the same post.

1 Message

January 6th, 2013 16:00

Hi There Im facing similar problems. Can someone assist to unlock the password ?

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

January 8th, 2013 02:00

Hi vilves23,

I request you to try the steps mentioned by me in the above post and let me know what happens.

1 Message

March 16th, 2013 04:00

Hi there. Thanks for the info above, I have the same problem, I have just bought the laptop from eBay, new, unopened box with all documentation, I was having a play around last night and have woken up this morning to the Dell Secure Manager login. There was never any password set, so I'm not sure how to reset this. As mentioned above I can't seem to do a system restore with the re installation DVD as I cant get into the bios to change the boot order. Any ideas? Service tag is # <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

March 19th, 2013 07:00

Hi vasst,

I will be glad to help you. Request you to provide the system service tag along with a screenshot of the error message that gets displayed through private message. I will check and let you know what needs to be done.

To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2014 09:00

I have the same problem after changing the password and having forgotten.  I got the laptop from my company for personal usage.

What shall I do?

Thanks

1 Message

August 11th, 2014 23:00

Sir,

Can you help me on my problem on my dell i was kinda exploring how to factory restore my computer

then i found the dell laptop protect tools under the security tab there's a reset or factory reset when i clicked

it then it restarted  it was now asking for a administrator or system BIOS password

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 12th, 2014 00:00

jayr84,

Contact Dell with proof of ownership to get the system unlocked.

Rick

2 Posts

December 19th, 2014 21:00

To unlock code to dell secure manager

2 Posts

December 19th, 2014 21:00

Unlock my laptop from secure manager

No Events found!