Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2009 05:00

Dell Studio 15 laptop screen Blank/ Very low display

Hi Gurus,

I have a weird problem with my new Dell Studio laptop.  There is almost no display in screen. When I turn on the laptop, although there is a sound and LED blinks but there is nothing on the screen even when the laptop is start normally it used to be a Blue bar of DELL immediately before the System settings ( we get from F2). There is a a very low display as if the brightness has been turned to minimum. But I tries to increase the brightness with FN +UP arrow but the brightness didnt increase. The case remains same even if the power cord of the adapter is removed or inserted. There is a display on the screen but it is so low that unable to see anything. If there are any suggestions, pls share. I'll be glad to try them out to resolve my issue.

Thanks!

107 Posts

November 18th, 2009 05:00

sounds like the inverter is going bad. LCDs have a small flourecent tube that is internal that provides the backlight. The AC signal to power the flourecent lamp comes from the inverter , which is a seperate small circuit board inside the display case. Try connecting an external monitor to the external VGA port. If that appears ok, then it deffinately is the inverter or LCD.

539 Posts

November 18th, 2009 06:00

Does this sound familiar: DELL screen suddenly turns black

No Events found!