Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2011 20:00

Dell Studio 1515, Windows 7 + 370 Bluetooth mini card

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and had added a Dell 370 bluetooth minicard some time ago but never used it.  Now that I have a need, I'm finding I can't get anything to pair with it. 

The Bluetooth icon shows in the system tray however, it does not appear in Control Panel nor Devices and Printers.  It is listed in the Device Manager area and shows as operating normally.

Performing a Windows System Info shows the following:

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
                                 Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection

I have Googled forever and tried multiple downloads, none make a change.

Tonight I stumbled across a Microsoft hotfix but when downloading and installing it noted it was not for my machine.

I'm at a loss as what's wrong here and would appreciate any assistance from someone who has had a similar issue and reached a resolution.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

October 11th, 2011 22:00

Try uninstalling it, Widcomm/Broadcom

Computer>Uninstall or Change a Program

You are looking for Widcoom bluetooth software. Remove it, next go to device manager (right click computer and select properties, then select Device Manager).

In the device manager, you should uninstall  Dell Wireless xxx Module with Bluetooth... and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. Ensure you check "Delete the driver software for this device" in both cases. Reboot.

Next attempt reinstalling the driver R226750. Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> Reboot.

Then tap Fn and F2 (turn WiFi and Bluetooth off) wait 10 seconds and tap it again (turn WiFi and Bluetooth on), see if Windows 7 adds any new hardware, give it a few minutes then reboot.

Attempt pairing of your bluetooth devices.

5 Posts

October 13th, 2011 06:00

Natakuc4 - Thanks for that detailed information.

I followed the steps and while I was able to find a wireless printer, neither my bluetooth phone or ear bud were detected.  The bluetooth icon is still missing from "Control Panel" but shows in the system tray, however, the "Allow a device to connect" is grayed out which has always been the case.

My phone finds the laptop however the pairing code shown on the phone somehow does not match with the laptop and I have not been able to locate where that is on the laptop to determine what pairing code is in use with the bluetooth card.

From another post, I've run a "System Info" and it always shows Bluetooth device "Media Disconnected" which I'm pasting below.

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
                                 Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection

Once again - thanks for your assistance.

No Events found!