Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2013 08:00

Dell Studio 1555 Motherboard

My dell studio 1555 laptop motherboard is gone

So is it possible for me to upgrade my processor to i3 and the corresponding motherboard 

If there is any possibility for upgradation please let me know the details?

Thanks in Advance

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 20th, 2013 08:00

Reputable source

www.parts-people.com/index.php

If you switch from ATI to Intel video or vice-versa, you'll need a new heatsink.

1.5K Posts

April 19th, 2013 09:00

Hi kumarsujith,

The motherboard shipped with the system is not tested with i3 processor by Dell. The chipset is also not compatible with the i3 processor.

*Note: Dell does not recommend or offer processor upgrade but it is as your discretion in case you really wish to go ahead with it. Warranty per say, issues arising due to the upgrade will not be covered under warranty; however we will continue providing support for other issues and parts. 

Do you just want to upgrade the processor or want to replace the motherboard?

Keep me posted. I will be glad to assist further

April 19th, 2013 21:00

My motherboard is not working 

so i have to replace my motherboard instead of replacing with the same motherboard can I replace it with 1558's motherboard and i3 processor 

anyway my lappy is not under cover

I want to make sure that this ugradation will not affect other parts of my 1555's lappy.

Thanks in advance.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 20th, 2013 05:00

There are no boards that will fit the system and take a Core CPU.

If you want a Core i CPU, you need a newer system.  

April 20th, 2013 07:00

I have contacted dell technical support they say that they don't have dell studio 1555 motherboards in stock and they dont know when they will get the stock

Can I go for a refurbished dell studio 1555 motherboard from other retailers?(can I believe those motherboards will it work fine?)

If yes how much can I spend for a refurbished motherboard?

Thanks in Advance...

sujtih..

April 20th, 2013 08:00

Can you please suggest a reputable source in India

1.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 09:00

Hi kumarsujith,

Please provide me the Service Tag and the name as it appears on the account via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation) so I may check for the any available motherboard as per your system details.

Keep me posted with the details. I will be glad to assist further.

1.5K Posts

April 25th, 2013 08:00

Hi kumarsujith,

Thank you for the information. The motherboards for studio 1555 are not in stock worldwide and Dell is trying to get the parts in stock as soon as possible. So, you may wait for another 2 to 3 weeks to get motherboard for the system

Alternatively, you may purchase a refurbished motherboard from any 3rd party website like ebay.com. However, Dell doesn’t endorse purchasing a part from 3rd party websites.

Please feel free to reply if you have any questions. I will be glad to assist.

1.5K Posts

April 26th, 2013 09:00

Hi kumarsujith,

There are lots of 3rd party websites as well as local stores where good refurbished motherboards will be available. As the motherboard is completely out of stock at Dell for now, going for refurbished motherboard will be a good option.

Just try to find out the best possible deal you are getting from a reliable source. Something which gives you some time to test the motherboard with your system.

Please ensure the system works fine after installing the motherboard.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply if you have any further questions.

May 28th, 2013 14:00

Just an additional note to my previous post.

Over in this thread en.community.dell.com/.../20076781.aspx user gr3g0ree upgraded a Studio 1555 from a T4300 @ 2,1GHz to a T9800 @ 2,93GHz which also has a 1066 FSB speed.

There could off course be other different specifications between the T9800 and the T9900 that I do not know of. Just thought I could mention it.

Thanks.

Laurentius

May 28th, 2013 14:00

Hello,

I am wondering if someone could please tell me it the Studio 1555 motherboard support the Core 2 Duo T9900 mobile processor? More specifically the T9900 is running with a 3.06 Ghz clock speed and 1066 Mhz FSB. Socket is socket P.

In case the T9900 is compatible I am also wondering if the default cpu cooling system in the Studio 1555 would be sufficient or if it must be upgraded.

The cpu installed now is the T6500 2,1Ghz with 800Mhz FSB (socket P (478)). The bios is the latest A13 version.

Thank you.

Laurentius

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 14:00

Hi Laurentius,

Studio 1555 supports the Core 2 Duo T9900 processor. The part # for the processor is DPXFF. You don’t need to upgrade anything else for the processor upgrade.

Dell does not recommend or offer processor upgrade but it is as your discretion in case you really wish to go ahead with it. Warranty per say, issues arising due to the upgrade will not be covered under warranty, however we will continue providing support for other issues and parts.   

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

May 29th, 2013 14:00

Thanks a lot for your answer Amogh. I really appreciate it!

Regarding the warranty my Studio 1555 is past that time, but thanks for mentioning it.

Best regards,

Laurentius

1.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 12:00

Hi Laurentius12,

Thank you for the response. I hope you will find the above information useful. You may refer to the system Owner’s Manual from the link: http://bit.ly/14h4UKb.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist.

October 2nd, 2013 00:00

Hello Amogh,

My 4 year old Dell Studio 15 (Dell 1555) stopped working recently and it seems like a video card failure (give 6 beeps when I start it). It is out of warranty right now. Will I be able to extend/upgrade warranty now and get the laptop corrected?

Thanks,

Hareesh.

No Events found!