Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2017 14:00

Dell Studio 1555 - monitor resolution problem

Hi everybody,

my problem is this: in the past 2 weeks my windows 10 was updated from the 1703 version to the 1709 and the resolution of my pc became awful: images, texts, icons ... everything! ... were kind of "stretched" orizzontally, were big and unclear.

I had to restore my notebook but I just found out that maybe I can't avoid Windows Update to update automatically the OS.

So, I was wondering if does anyone know if maybe my notebook video driver is not suitable for the 1709 version? Does anyone know if Dell know about this problem and will release any update?

Thank you!!

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 7th, 2017 03:00

Hi Tahti86,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as expected.

Here is an article from Dell's Knowledge Base you may find helpful.  You may be able to get it to work, but your system has not been tested.  Have you tried looking for an updated video driver?

2 Posts

December 11th, 2017 12:00

I had a similar problem.  happened when W10 upgraded to KB4051963.  Now happened on two laptops.  I posted question in this forum and no one has answered. reard this fort what I tried.   en.community.dell.com/.../20025683    

No one has answered on this forum.  

However i tried uninstalling KB4051963 and it solved the problem, on one laptop at least.  Other still problematic.  Give it a try.

Phil

1 Message

December 16th, 2017 13:00

Hello,

I have a similar problem with my studio 1555. I Also added upgraded processor to intel core 2 duo 2.4 ghz and bluetooth/wifi adapter to  Broadcom BCM94352HMB Azurewave AW-CE123H, also have 2x4gb ddr2 on the way. It all ran smoothly, until one update that just screwed it up completely, only wifi worked well. Approximately a week ago another update screwed up graphics card drivers and I cannot set the resolution higher than 1024x768. What can I do to make it work again and prevent windows 10 from automatic updates and screwing drivers up again? Is there a way to make it all work? I tried returning to older driver, but the button is greyed out. I tried installing catalyst control center, it istalled but when I tried to start the program, it stated that there is nothing this program can do(I do not remember exact words, but You get the point). I tried unistalling the driver, but in device manager it stated that there are no drivers installed for this device(it properly recognized my graphics card in device manager), I tried uninstalling my graphics card, and now it is not visible anywhere. Also, how did You uninstall KB4051963? Please help me out, I am desperate- I really like windows 10 and do not want to downgrade to windows 7.

No Events found!