Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

November 20th, 2013 11:00

Dell Studio 1745 Webcam Drivers (Windows 7 64-bit)

Okay so I've got a Dell Studio 17 that I just totally rebuilt.

It was a Studio 1745, but now it's a 1749.

Looking, I've found the webcam is the same part for either system as are the connections.

My web cam worked fine before my long project began. I upgraded the motherboard from a 1745 w/ Core 2 Duo & Intel HD Graphics to a 1745 with an i5-540m and ATI 5650 graphics. I also upgraded the HDD(s) from 1x 500gb to 2x 1TB.

In doing so I decided against migrating my operating system. I knew Windows would demand re-activation with all the hardware changed this way. I knew even some of the core drivers like the chipset would be changed so I decided a fresh install of Windows 7 would be best.

In this process I've noticed there are no web cam drivers listed on the support site for either the webcam itself or the software suite to run it.

I did install the driver file

Now in my frustration with this I did some searching on the web and found a lot of people that have said if they've done a clean install of Windows 7 on a Dell Studio 174X they all lost their webcam functionality. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I doubt in taking apart my system, changing the motherboard, heatsinks, adding a Bluetooth, and changing out just about everything successfully I managed to break one of the few parts I never even touched or took out of the case.

Now I found a Dell person that posted this on Yahoo answers to someone with my same problem:

The Webcam uses the Native Windows 7 drivers. There are no webcam Windows 7 drivers to download. You will need to install the WebCam Central Software to use the Webcam. At the link below you can download the Webcam Software. If you have any further questions you can email me at my email address listed below.

Dell WebCam Central Software-My Dell Downloads
http://bit.ly/9sK3DH

Of course I can't use this link. It seems my dell downloads requires that it do the check on your service tag. This wouldn't be so bad but this computer doesn't show a service tag in the bios. I don't know if it's from me updating the bios or if it came this way when I got it but there seems to be no way to get the service tag to show up for the motherboard. I can't use the one off the bottom of the laptop because the site won't let me manually enter it. The site hangs at "Examining your computer please wait ...".

In some other searching I've seen some say I need LCCH_0330_DRV_LA_1_12_01.exe webcam driver
and Dell R230103 driver. However apparently these files have to be specific to my system. I did find a copy of LCCH_0330_DRV_LA_1_12_01.exe floating around the web and various versions of R230103 (all with different prefixes in file name). However upon installation I got an error with every copy of R230103 I found and on the LCCH I get "Please plug in a supported device". I have found others that have told me that it needs to be the ones off the Dell Disk because many others claim the same problem. I've been told the software has an "allowed devices" list in it that's basically only the device with the computer model it was meant for. Unfortunately, there is no webcam software on the driver site for my web cam other than ST Microelectronics DE351DL Motion Sensor, v.1.06.08.20, A02. This software has however not made my webcam detectable.

Now I know the person said it uses Native Windows 7 drivers but even Skype doesn't know I have a web cam. I've also taken all the troubleshooting steps on techmonsters as well.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction to getting the correct files or know how I can get this working?

27 Posts

I was just thinking about removing the keyboard and reseating the cable. I do not even have an "imaging devices" category and there is no unknown drivers listed. It appears to not be there at all.

1.5K Posts

Hi PCPHANTOM ,

We truly regret the inconvenience that has been caused to you. Kindly provide us with the screenshot of the device manager for your system so we can check if the webcam is detected on the system or not.

If it doesn't you might need to reseat the webcam cable for the system. If it is detected you can also try and download the webcam central for are system from the link below:

http://dell.to/13p4Bgg

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

1.5K Posts

I was just thinking about removing the keyboard and reseating the cable. I do not even have an "imaging devices" category and there is no unknown drivers listed. It appears to not be there at all.

Hi PCPHANTOM,

Thanks for providing us this information. Then it would be better to reseat the cable to ensure it gets detected on the system. Please check this manual link for reference for reseating the webcam cable:

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

No Events found!