Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 23:00

Dell Support Center Button not working

Hello all,

I have a dell inspiron n7110. a few days ago the button for the dell support center just stopped working. can anyone help me? all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 16th, 2012 00:00

Hi  jguth93,

Welcome to the Community,

If you haven't try uninstalling and reinstalling Dell QuickSet Utility:

Use this link to download and reinstall : www.dell.com/.../inspiron-17

If the issue persists,please confirm if the other two quick launch buttons are working.

Thank You

8 Posts

October 16th, 2012 22:00

Sorry for the delay. Yes, the other two buttons work just fine. It's only the dell support button that refuses to work

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 17th, 2012 04:00

Hi  jguth93,

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Dell QuickSet Utility?

If that did not fix the issue,uninstall Dell Support Center and reinstall it from the link below :

www.dell.com/.../dsc_home

Can you also confirm if you observe any problem (mechanical) with the button?

Thank You

8 Posts

October 17th, 2012 10:00

I did uninstall and reinstall both quickset and the suppport center programs. there are no mechanical problems, but the problem is still persisting.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 18th, 2012 00:00

Hi  jguth93,

Try to access Dell Support Center  from list of programs(Start menu,All Programs). If you're able to access it from there try performing a System Restore and restore system to a earlier time(when the quick launch button for Dell Support Center was working). This will help us find out if it stopped working due to some software/Windows update.

To perform System Restore(click on start menu,type System Restore in search box),follow the on screen instruction and select a restore point (date) when the quick launch button for Dell Support Center was working.

8 Posts

October 18th, 2012 12:00

i tried that, but to no avail! :(

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 19th, 2012 00:00

Hi  jguth93,

Try installing this QuickSet utility : pages.suddenlink.net/downloaddell/QuickSet11132.exe (copy  and paste this link in your browser to download).

Note:Before installing this version of QuickSet Utility,uninstall the previous version and reboot the system.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Thank You

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 13:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.              

No Events found!