Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

11 Posts

June 7th, 2008 08:00

Dell Vostro 1500 - 8600 GT to TV

Hey,

i think i ve allready read all posts about this topic but seems to me it was never really solved.

Got the Dell Vostro 1500 with the 8600GT and obiously want to connect it with my TV.  I haven t had any problems connecting it with my old pc, so i m pretty sure the problem can t be the cable, tv or the adapter.

My installed drivers are the 173730 for the grafic card and the bios is version A05.

If you need any other information on my system please tell me. 

Any help ist appreciated.

Thanks

984 Posts

June 7th, 2008 17:00

What type of video input are you using on your TV, S-video, composite video or component video?

340 Posts

June 7th, 2008 20:00

11 Posts

June 8th, 2008 10:00

Hi everyone,

I allready did everything that is described on the documentation.

So this doesn´t work for me.

As a connection im using a component video cable. But i don´t plug it directly in my tv, i m going in my av receiver an from there to the tv.

Shouldn´t make any difference because i did not change anything on that, just the pc is  different.

984 Posts

June 8th, 2008 15:00

I have a Dell component video adapter that works fine with my Inspiron 1520 and its NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT video card.

It is possible that the pin connections of the S=video TV-out socket on your Vostro 1500 are different from those on your other computer. Is your other computer a Dell?

11 Posts

June 8th, 2008 16:00

the other computer was built on my own. so no its not a dell.

the grafic card was a ati radeon and the tv out socket looks like the one on my vostro.

So this shouldn t be the problem. I also changed the adapter which is plugged in my vostro but still no signal.

Could you please give me a link to your Dell component video adapter? I really don t know what else to do, any suggestions?

984 Posts

June 8th, 2008 17:00

The adaptor cable is definitely the cause of your problem. Here is the link but you need to check with Dell as to the correct version for the Vostro 1500 with NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT video card.

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=dhs&c=us&l=en&cs=19&category_id=2999&k=S-Video+to+TV-Component+Cable&cat=snp&x=7&y=9

11 Posts

June 8th, 2008 17:00

ok i ll give it a try.

i searched and found this one...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Cables/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=420-7303

what do you think, it s made for the vostro 1400. cant find one for my 1500, does it also work my cpmputer?

984 Posts

June 8th, 2008 18:00

The adapter for the Vostro 1400 has the manufacturer part #: PG383. Mine for the Inspiron 1500 has the manufacturer part #: PG382. Best to check with Dell service support (spare parts) as I did. Dell Sales Support didn’t know anything about this subject.

11 Posts

September 22nd, 2008 14:00

its me again.

sorry but i amost gave up. i was really fed up with this whole tv out problem and didn t do anything till now.

today i updated my drivers (www.laptopvideo2go.com) but nothinghas changed.

Please anyone help, seems to be quite a problem. i googled for "nvidia tv out" but couldn t find any usefull solution.

thanks again.

984 Posts

September 23rd, 2008 02:00

But what happened regarding your getting a Dell S-Video to TV-Component cable?

BTW if you are now using a video driver that is not approved by Dell the problem might have been compounded.

11 Posts

September 23rd, 2008 05:00

ok im really getting sick of that whole situation. 

i do have a s video to component cable / adapter combination that worked for me for nearly 3 years without any problem, and now that i have my dell that should be the root of all evil - don t think so.

but i am willing to try everything, but to do so, please give me a linkt to this adapter/cable that should work. 

and what about the drivers, nothing has changed since i updated the drivers, but now the problem is because of the drivers...dont think so either.

seems to me that this problem is well known, just google "tv out and nvidia",  and nobody really knows what to do.

if i m wrong please tell me step by step what to do and i will try that, but i wont accept that the mistake is now my side because i updated the drivers.

dont get me wrong, i appreciate your help and time you invest, but i really want to get this to work.

domi6

984 Posts

September 23rd, 2008 08:00

Fortunately your Vostro 1500 and my Inspiron 1520 are basically the same (the Service Manual is common to both models) and both our laptops have the same NVIDIA video card. Therefore it is reasonable to expect that the S-video to Component-TV adapter that works on my Inspiron 1520 will work on your Vostro 1500. I have been unable to find a link to this adapter, but the part number on the bar-coded label on its plastic bag is as follows: DP/N OPG382 (I think this is short for Dell Part Number PG382)

The label on the adapter has the following part number: CN-OHG871-48402-790-01AA

The description on the Dell invoice is as follows:

KIN-1520 - Kit for Inspiron 1520

Kit - TV-out cable w/ SPDIF

It was not easy to get my adapter from Dell. I had to deal with Technical Support / Spare Parts to get people who understood what I wanted.

I can assure you that I know what to do and can give you simple step by step instructions once you have a suitable adapter.

11 Posts

September 23rd, 2008 11:00

Thanks a lot.

Just that you know, I also wrote an Email to the Dell Service and they responded today. They also wanted me to update my drivers from the site i already found. But as you know nothing happend.

TV won t show any picture.

So right now i wait for them to confirm that i need another adapter and then i will order the one you recommended.

11 Posts

September 23rd, 2008 12:00

yeah i hope so too.
the adapter i have pluged in looks exactly like this one

http://www.dantocon.de/store_files/1/images/product_images/popup_images/image_HAM00043077_0b.jpg

and jep it hast the 7 pins and one bigger pin (- don t know how to discribe this thing, its bigger, seems to be plastic and black).

984 Posts

September 23rd, 2008 12:00

I hope Dell looks after you on this. Do you have any information or link regarding your present adapter?
No Events found!