Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2009 10:00

Dell Vostro 2510 White screen on startup unless external monitor connected!!!

Hello, whenever I power on my dell vostro 2510 the computer starts just fine but the LCD display stays white. Unless i start the computer with an external display hooked up the LCD won't turn on until windows comes out of its loading screen then they switch, the external display shuts off and the LCD turns on and works just fine. Its like my laptop have an external display dependency... very aggravating, I recently replaced the LCD due to a cracked screen. Help!! i have flashed the bios with the newest version if that has anything to do with it.

The video card is a Nvidia 8400M GS

November 13th, 2009 15:00

Bump.

Seriously, no one can help me?

1 Message

January 12th, 2010 01:00

dono if this will help you, but i have had the same problem with the vostro 2510. happens quite a bit when i put the lid down and it goes into standby.

i have been turning it off (hold the power button for 5 seconds or whatever it is). turn it back on and straight away hit delete, f1, f2, f3, f4, f5, f6, f7, f8, f9, f10, f11, f12, (not too sure which one does it but i just hit them all) and it seems to turn on the video and boots without the white screeen.

i have on other occasions taken out the battery, and disconnected the power for a few minutes, put it all back together and its started up with video.

give them both a go, if you havent already sorted it out, and hopefully one will work.

1 Message

November 2nd, 2012 23:00

Hi,

I have the same problem you did. Please take time out and tell me how you resolved it. I'd be grateful. Thanks?

No Events found!