Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

May 7th, 2012 15:00

Dell Webcam Central, link, articles, FAQ

The Dell Webcam Central software is not available for Windows 8/8.1/10. Dell Webcam Central is end of life and no longer supported by Dell. Use the Windows operating system native webcam applications such as Skype.

How to Install Skype on your Dell PC

Dell Webcam Central for Tablets
Version = 2.1.12, A01
Release date = July 16, 2014
Supported OS = Windows 7

SX2210WFP Webcam Central. The software will install the full version of Webcam Central. Note that the "Driver Details" page will list this as for a Dell SX2210WFP monitor. But clicking, "Compatible Systems" shows many Dell PC's.
Version = 1.02.06
Release date = March 6, 2012
Supported OS = Windows XP/2000/Vista/7

Some XPS models need Windows 7 drivers downloaded from Drivers & Downloads. If you have an XPS laptop please visit the Drivers & Downloads website, enter your service tag number, and look for your webcam drivers under the header INPUT.

Using,Troubleshooting and Resolving Driver Issues on your Dell Webcam

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

1 Message

May 15th, 2013 12:00

Inspiron Desktop 545S

Performance on the server for the scripted Links is Poor to None.

155336704 Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_ R230103.exe

Clicking on your link I get a perpetual Hour glass!!

Operating Systems
Windows 2000
Windows 7 32-bit
Windows 7 64-bit
Windows Vista 32-bit
Windows Vista 64-bit
Windows XP
Windows XP Embedded
Windows XP x64

Systems
Alienware Desktop Area 51
Alienware Desktop Aurora
Inspiron Desktop 535
Inspiron Desktop 535S
Inspiron Desktop 537/537s
Inspiron Desktop 545
Inspiron Desktop 545S
Inspiron Desktop 546
Inspiron Desktop 546S
inspiron INSP1440
Monitor Dell SX2210 monitor
Precision R5500
Studio Desktop 540
Studio Desktop Slim 540s
Studio Laptop Studio 1440
Studio Laptop Studio 1555
Studio XPS Desktop Studio XPS 435T/9000
Studio XPS Laptop 1340
Studio XPS Laptop 16
Vostro Desktop 220
Vostro Desktop 220s
Vostro Desktop 420
Vostro Notebook 1320
Vostro Notebook 1520
Vostro Notebook 1720

1 Message

June 16th, 2013 12:00

Rick,

I tried downloading the dell webcam central link you put up, but it just keeps telling me to unzip and when i saved it to my desktop, there was no icon to open it with, only random files.

Emily

26 Posts

June 16th, 2013 17:00

I am no longer in need of Web Cam Central.  I had another hard drive fail on my Dell Inspiron 17R and I am not going to invest another cent into this laptop.  All I can say is this did work when I downloaded and installed it on my laptop before the hard drive failed.  Thanks for posting it...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 16th, 2013 18:00

Emily,

Try one of these links...

Dell Webcam Central Version 1.40.05

Dell Webcam Central (DL)

EvelynJK,

If your computer is under warranty, contact Dell Tech Support, the hard drive is coivered, if you're under warranty.

Rick

July 22nd, 2013 20:00

Also works / is required to work webcam on Dell Mini 10 Laptops. (Mini 1012  ---> Not listed Above)

If you go to drivers and downloads even when putting in valid service tag dell does not provide you with the download for Dell Webcam Central. Dell makes you work searching website to find link....only posted by others with similar problems. I originally had some 2.0 version of software, but after upgrading from windows 7 starter to windows 7 ultimate.....your webcam will NOT work. In the end i will settle for version 1.4 to get it working again, but dell has surely lost respect in my opinion with this matter since so many people have the same problems after doing much reading!

1 Message

August 13th, 2013 05:00

my laptop is getting freezed even after replacing motherboard,RAM and hard disk by the company.in that period even TASK MANAGER doesn't works. what should i do.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 13th, 2013 22:00

Hi debraj786,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
  3. At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press to begin the hardware Diagnostics.
  4. Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.

Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag so that I can check what can be done. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

October 5th, 2013 18:00

direct link to download the Dell Webcam Central progam

for the above post by travis bailey:

This is the webcam central program but it also contains a VIRUS. Do not install!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 9th, 2013 13:00

Anthony Cap,

I downloaded the 148mb file using the link Travis provided. I then ran a Microsoft Security Essentials virus scan of the downloaded file,
(Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_ R230103.exe)

No virus was detected.

October 9th, 2013 17:00

Did you run the file? All I can tell you is, when I started to install it, Norton popped up and said it just removed a virus, unless it was a coincidence. Try installing it. The webcam program is working ok.

Anthony

October 9th, 2013 18:00

Actually I just installed it on another computer, and I think it is ok. I think my computer found a virus when I restarted, but not from this program. Sorry.

October 9th, 2013 21:00

I just checked on my Dell Mini 10 (1012) & My E6400 laptops which i both have the Dell Webcam Central on them. I tried to check for software updates and i have the latest version installed being Version 1.40.37. It might be possible that a newer version exists but i can confirm for these (2) models of laptops that Webcam Central software is "Up to date" with version 1.40.37. Hope this will help anyone that my be trying to upgrade or install Webcam Central!

107 Posts

Came across this thread while looking into something for someone. Surely dell should amend the "My Dell Downloads" so as to remove the link to a systems service tag. There are so many machines it simply doesn't work with, and i mean new systems, not pre 2010 ones. My XPS15 as well as one purchased about 2 weeks ago also. The software for the new versions of Webcam Central is still not on this thread when it should be. I hope the mods allow this for all the people who cannot get this from dell who legitimately need it so i will post the link here.
If these are not acceptable I suggest that the files are posted by dell themselves for their customers.

These are from the XPS15/17 L502X/L702X but may work for others: Why links for the older versions but not the newer needed ones. The file came direct from the My dell downloads of my xps17 and the software can be updated by running the software and selecting the ? in the top right, then from selecting check for update. The update files can be found in  the Webcam central update cache: C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Software Update\cache.  The newest being: Dell Webcam Central 2.01.18. All files are dell originals and free of any alteration or malware.

Dell Webcam Central 2.00.44

Extract the folder from the rar file and setup exe is within.

Dell Webcam Central 2.01.18 directly from  C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative\Software Update\cache is DWSS_V_2_0_PCAPP_WEBUP_6.exe

here its in a rar archive so extract it, and if the exe is extracted its the newest full version.

https://anonfiles.com/file/45c7a0eab7666c0ad6f21e917469af8e

107 Posts

Yes different systems require different versions of the software. But if you read through all the posts on the multiple pages of the thread the only links posted are to the older version of the software (that you have). This is incompatible with the newer versions. Many people are struggling to get hold of the newer version 2's, hence my links. They are sometimes found in the My dell downloads, but as we know that system is inherently flawed and registration fails for many many new machines so customers are stuck (without discs) and unable to download their software. They really should put software like this in the applications section of the driver files area and restrict the my dell downloads to paid software, and even then have it accessible via a customer login but without the use of service tag id as it just doesn't work a lot of the time.

7 Posts

October 12th, 2013 23:00

Yes different systems require different versions of the software. But if you read through all the posts on the multiple pages of the thread the only links posted are to the older version of the software (that you have). This is incompatible with the newer versions. Many people are struggling to get hold of the newer version 2's, hence my links. They are sometimes found in the My dell downloads, but as we know that system is inherently flawed and registration fails for many many new machines so customers are stuck (without discs) and unable to download their software. They really should put software like this in the applications section of the driver files area and restrict the my dell downloads to paid software, and even then have it accessible via a customer login but without the use of service tag id as it just doesn't work a lot of the time.

Amen....

It took me almost a year to find version 2 of Webcam Central on a "dodgy" Chinese website.

Ps. When using the effects and avatars, it will tell me to lower the cam's resolution to under 1280x720. The highest resolution below the 1280x720 is a mere 640x480. Any idea how to get a working webcam driver that enables more resolutions?

(On the creative website there is a driver update available that would resolve this issue...however this driver isn't compatible with the integrated webcam)

Dell's hardware is solid, tech/driver support is all but that :emotion-12::emotion-6::emotion-39::emotion-41::emotion-9:

No Events found!