Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 17th, 2016 14:00

Dell XPS 11 9P33 Screen turns off/locks when laid all the way back under the keyboard.

When I am using this device in normal laptop mode, all is great. When I want to use in tablet mode and the screen is laying against the bottom of the laptop, the screen turns off and locks as if I had closed it normally. Tablet mode works ok if I don't lay the screen all of the way back. If there is a couple inches of space it seems to work okay.

It's out of warranty and I can't send it back as I bought it from Tigerdirect.com and they essentially went out of business and had a fire sale.  The new owners of Tigerdirect Business wouldn't accept any returns.

Any help is appreciated.

5 Posts

September 3rd, 2016 20:00

*bump*

53 Posts

September 4th, 2016 17:00

The first thing I would look at is your tablet settings, I have never actually been that far but check it out. I can only guess it was it was a returned item to Tiger Direct and they didn't notify you of this problem.

5 Posts

September 4th, 2016 18:00

There isn't anything in Tablet settings related to the screen.  In Power settings I have it set for when I close the lid that nothing should happen. That was the only related setting I could find.  I believe it's a hardware issue.  The same thing happened when I loaded Linux Mint instead of Windows.  Maybe the ribbon that connects the screen to the motherboard isn't long enough so when I bend the screen all of the way back to rest on the bottom of the keyboard it is pulling on that connector.

No Events found!