Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2015 05:00

Dell XPS 13 (2012) touchpad doesn't work after windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

After upgrading to windows 10, the trackpad in the XPS 13 (L321) doesn't work. I have tried all possible permutations and combinations of drivers:

1) There exist no official drivers for the trackpad in Windows 10 (Go to http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-13-l321x/drivers 

2)If you try installing the latest drivers meant for windows 8 or 8.1, it doesn't even respond to touch. 

3) The older drivers are not compatible with windows 10 and therefore cannot be installed. If you try installing in compatibility mode, the trackpad works fine, but only until you restart the system.

4) The only solution is uninstalling the cypress drivers, and resorting to the generic windows drivers, in which case the multi touch and scrolling gestures do not work.

5) Just in case, I have also tried re-setting windows 10 to delete all apps and files and settings.

Therefore, I have reinstalled windows 7 with a recovery thumb drive.

Someone please advise on a possible solution. @Dell, please find a solution for your customers asap- it is too late already

Cheers,

Akhil Sai

No Responses!
No Events found!