Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2016 03:00

Dell XPS 13 9333 No Display Backlight

Hello,

i recently replaced my dell xps 13 9333 top lcd assembly with a new one after breaking the old one.

However i observed that the new replacement screen did work but no LED backlight as shown in the pics below.

I made my research online and found out that my dell xps 13 9333 doesn't use an inverter board so i am trying to troubleshoot where the problem is comming from.

Please anyone with knowledge of the IC or Fuse controlling the backlight for the LED should please guide me accordingly.

Also,i circled the 40pin LCD connector to the motherboard...can anyone show me where to buy a replacement.

3 Posts

June 30th, 2016 05:00

can someone please tell me how to locate the LED display fuse?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 30th, 2016 07:00

If you can see a faint image on the screen (no backlight), first try having the seller replace the screen you purchased under warranty.

If a second screen does the same thing, you'll need to look into a mainboard replacement.  The component-level repair you're looking for just isn't possible with the system you have.  If the backlight doesn't come on, the fault is internal to the screen or the mainboard.

3 Posts

June 30th, 2016 11:00

Thank you very much for replying.

I do see images and the touch screen responds to gestures however there is no backlight from the monitor so while saving for a new mobo i would like to try anything to get this one working by trying something/anything thats why i am asking this knowledgeable community for ideas on what i can tamper with

No Events found!