Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 1st, 2017 15:00

Dell XPS 13 (9350) Bluetooth Connecting Problem

Guys

I have just purchased an XPS 13 (9350) last month and its giving me problem connecting with the Bluetooth headset or speaker. I have listed below device which I have tried to connect:-

1. X-Mini Kai 2

2. Creative WP-450

3. Sony MW-600

It will eventually paired in the bluetooth device but not connecting. I'm unable to see the device in the playback device although I have tick Show disabled device.

I have also email to the Dell Support team and tried to troubleshoot as per their advise and its still the same:-

Thank you for choosing Dell. This mail is related to your recent interaction with Dell technical support regarding bluetooth connecting issues. Your service request reference number is SR , and Service tag is . Please try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth headset driver in the Device Manager.
1. Press Windows Key + R Key.
2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.
3.Search for Bluetooth headset driver and expand it.
4. Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall. Follow the instruction.
5. Restart your computer.

Step 2: Try to connect the Bluetooth headset onto the computer and install the Then run the hardware and devices troubleshooter
1. Click on search bar next to the Start Menu.
2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.
3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.
4. Click on Hardware and Devices.
5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
1. Right click on sound icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
2. Then click on Playback devices.
3. Right click on empty space of sound setting Window, click on Show disabled devices.
4. Check if the devices is present in the list.
5. Right click on the headset device and click on enable.

For future reference I have included your service request information above. If you need anything at all related to this service request please contact me directly by replying to this email.
Thank you for choosing Dell support.
Best Regards,

Technical Support Department (OSP)
Dell | Product Support Team
Technical Support: Malaysia: 1800-88-0022 || Singapore: 1800-280-3355

I would really appreciate if someone could help me on this.

Thanks
Regards
Syah

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2017 15:00

The Bluetooth driver you are showing for the Dell Wireless 1820A is from 2015 while the latest driver is from Dec 2016, maybe update that while I check the rest of your info.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2017 07:00

You may want to keep in mind the Wi-Fi can have an effect on Bluetooth.  We also need some basic info about your system.  If yo use the rich formatting for a reply you can attach snipping tool pictures.

In Device Manager you should show your Bluetooth device plus a couple of Microsoft entries.  If your headsets/speakers also show that is good.  No Unknown devices anywhere in Device Manager or yellow triangles on any Bluetooth components?

Do you know the Bluetooth version of your devices?

You seem to imply pairing the device does not work well.  Can you tell us what is happening and what tones you might be getting from the devices?  Are you able to get them in the pairing mode and your see on the Settings-Devices-Bluetooth page the system loading the drivers?

When you try to connect, do you just power on your devices and not put them in the pairing mode?  Any option showing up for connecting them.  The first time you connect, you may have to allow it but devices seem to operate differently and may not need certain steps.

What Wi-Fi card do you have?

4 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 15:00

Hi

There are no yellow triangles beside the Bluetooth components. I have attached the screenshot.

I have attached the screenshots of all the bluetooth components too.

I would normally turn the pairing device into pairing mode (different from the normal switch on mode) and pair it with my Dell. It will show up the Bluetooth device list, get paired, it will automatically install the driver and finish. No tone was present during the pairing period. However, I'm not able to listen to the media which I'm playing from my laptop to the Bluetooth speaker or headset. I have tried to view in sound>playback devices if the device is available while I have also tick show disabled device. But, still none available. I have also attached the screenshot from settings>devices>bluetooth. 

I'm having Dell Wireless 1820 A 802.11 AC

Look for some positive solution for this. Thanks

1 Attachment

4 Posts

February 3rd, 2017 14:00

Hi

I have updated the bluetooth driver as follows:-

Dell Wireless 1550/1560/1704/1708/1820A/1830 Bluetooth Driver

This package provides the driver for Dell Wireless 1550/1560/1704/1708/1820A/1830 Bluetooth and is supported on the Alienware, Inspiron, Vos...
  View details
File Name: Network_Driver_YW21W_WN32_12.0.1.750_A04_01.EXE
Importance: Recommended
Description: Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (181.01 MB)
Release Date: 22 Dec 2016
Version: 12.0.1.750 ,A04
Last Updated: 24 Jan 2017
But, it still shows as 2015 driver in the device manager. Append below is the screenshot after updating to the new driver.
But, I have tried to play song and listen via my bluetooth headset and its WORKING !:emotion-2:.

Thanks a lot Saltgrass. Please inform me if there is anything else need to be done.

1 Attachment

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 4th, 2017 11:00

If they have not done any updates since 2015 they either see no need or cannot update the device.

I also notice the drivers for your devices are using drivers from the original Win 10 release, 10240.  You have been updating your builds, right?

I would get a Bluetooth dongle and test with it. They are not very expensive.

4 Posts

February 5th, 2017 19:00

I have updated to the latest build 1607 for X64 . But now i'm having keyboard lagging problem. Do I have to create a new thread for this problem or I can continue here

May 5th, 2017 00:00

Thanks for the update and sharing the solution.

No Events found!