Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 20th, 2016 16:00

Dell XPS 9350 Blank screen issue

New XPS 9350, been using it for about a month. Except the Thunderbolt connecting to a 4K display issue (sorted out with keeping the lappy in airplane mode and having internet access though USB 3-LAN cable) everything seemed very good. Until yesterday when on an important meeting the screen while working on battery power, the screen went blank. Tried to reset with holding the power button down for about 10 sec. The button LED and the keyboard lights cycled, but the screen remained blank (no DELL logo on boot as well). I connected the power adapter, the screen came on. Few moments later it went black again. Cycled the power, no response from the screen this time. I did a quick browse for solution and found a guy claiming that disabling C-State in the BIOS has fixed similar issue. The problem is that this time no matter how many times I reset though the power button the screen remains blank... Eventually after 20 min the screen appeared and I managed to get the BIOS changed (disabled C-State). The rest of the day the XPS was working fine and I tough the issue is gone. Until this morning, when I opened the lid and the screen was black again. So, back to square 1. After few minutes fighting with the power button and connecting the power adapter, the screen is on again. Obviously this is not sustainable, as I won't know whether on my next meeting the lappy won't let me down again. I'm slowly getting fed up by this Dell product, and although I really like it, issues like this are just not acceptable. I would like to hear your suggestions if possible, how to sort that out.

15 Posts

July 4th, 2016 02:00

The follow up of the story above is as follows:

Dell Support suggested to RMI the laptop...

Got the issue sorted while fiddling with the power options in the Windows 10 settings. I have no idea how that was related, but obviously something between the video driver/power settings did not work quite well. Anyhow, the high performance mode is active and the 9350 is now working fine. Well done Dell Support...

July 11th, 2017 00:00

I have the same issue.  Can you describe what you did in the power options?

No Events found!