Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 14th, 2012 07:00

Dell XPS l502x chasis' heat and fan noise !!!

Hi,

I bought "DELL XPS L502x s67f65" five days ago. I have a few problem. While i am not running heavy programs, the chasis' left side is very hot. While i am playing Battlefield 3, it's getting hotter. I have played 15 minutes and my left wrist has been very swated. It was very very hot. But the PC 's heat stats were looking normal only the hard disk was 50 centigrate. Is it normal that the chasis' surface is hot like that_?

While i am not running heavy programs the fan is running. not every time but often i don't even play game the fan's sound is very high, fan is sometime running sometimes not runing. finally,is the heavy running of fan normal while i am ordinary using the laptop_?

I compare my laptop with asus n53, and asus don't have neither sound of fan not chasis' heat.

Thanks

June 14th, 2012 16:00

Hi Baracuda90

Welcome to the Community

I certainly do appreciate the fact that you have brought this issue to our notice and we do apologize for the inconvenience .This is a known issue and we will be able to fix it. Please try the following steps

1) Please log on to http://dell.to/uIo3ef and enter the service tag and look for the video card model under system configuration and get the video drivers updated under “All files for XPS L502X and also get the BIOS updated under BIOS tab.

2) Please run Default Pc check to check the functionality of the entire system just to make sure.

You might want to try this

Start-->All Programs-->Dell Support Center-->Default Scan

Please try the above steps to check for error messages related to each component.

Please let us know the status.

Waiting to hear from you.

2 Posts

July 5th, 2012 08:00

First of all i apologize to have to answer lately.

My BIOS is up to date and the version is A12. Also my video card is up to date too. İ had chances to test more my laptop at this long time that i cannot answer you. At my first writing i told you that my laptop's heat stats were normal but now i measured my hot stats when i play games and you can see this stats from screenshots that i have sent you.
they are two different screenshots on Battlefield 3 15-20 minutes playing; 

also 45 minutes Company Of Heroes playing stats are here: 

also my other problem is, after the up to date the bios there are no changes. the laptop everytime even im not running any programs, my fan is running. also after playing the game, fan is 2 seconds on off on off on off. it hade been going on for an hour. finally i have shut down the laptop. because it made me crazy. 

firstly, are the heat stats normal_? also im matching my laptop with asus N53, and they are very very big differents about heat stats and fan sounds  between my laptop and asus n53. for example, at asus playing battlefield 3, its the different that least 20 centigrate. 

i have done the steps that you told me. there are no errors. 

your sincerely 

2 Posts

February 14th, 2013 22:00

Actually, you will be surprised how long Dell didn't provide any support for the issue. I have the Dell XPS l502x, too and already a year I'm looking for solution, but most of the replies provided by Dell finih after leting people check theis systems. You willl probably get recommednadtion to use speedfan or other additional software - forget they will not work with DELL, too. My best choice is the recommendation to chnage to the newest BIOS. Believe me since A09 is doesn't matter. So if you do not like the noise will recommend just to change the machine, beacuse after a year you will see that the fan problem only escalate and DELL actually will not provide any support on the issue.

No Events found!