Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2009 18:00

Dell XPS m1730 Poor Service

How is everyone going with there XPS m1730 or Nvidia G84 chipset laptops. I purchased an XPS m1730 on first release i.e. 4Gb RAM 8700GT in Sli. I wasn't really that impressed with this "Gaming" laptop from the outset as it has been a constant barrage of updates and poorly performing video card drivers etc. I purchased the top of the line next day service including 3 years complete cover.

Unfortunately this laptop is part of the well known Nvidia G84 chipset issues and I recently had to log a fault as the video cards had failed. Thats when the hassles have really begun.

I logged a fault report on the 2nd September and was subsequently told that because of a worldwide shortage of video cards no action could be taken until the 11th September. I called again on the 17th September because unfortunately I was out of phone contact between the 11th and 17th and spoke to a friendly chap in Malaysia who confirmed that the video cards had still not arrived and the soonest resolution date is 1-2 weeks. (On past performance I'd assume closer to 2 weeks). I can understand that Dell has issues with Nvidia at the moment but the treatment of customers and these delays are impacting my ability to earn money.

Unfortunately without resolution or warranty compensation Dell has lost another customer and I will never again purchase any Dell hardware.:emotion-12: I currently also work with around 30 blokes who also purchase high end laptops and I'm sure my story will turn them off purchasing Dell.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 16th, 2009 18:00

The problem with that strategy of course, is that Dell didn't make your notebook - and the company that did, manufactures for all the others as well.  The next system you recommend or buy may have HP, Sony or Toshiba on the outside and be the same inside.

No Events found!