Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2012 09:00

Dell inspiron 5110n - DRIVERS BUG!! ,.. Dell is the worthiest support ever !

hi , i bought dell inspiron 5110n i7 nviedia 500hd .. its the one iam using right now ..

the problem is ... dell
that is right .. i hated you ! .. i used to respect you guys before i bought that laptop !

to be honst the laptop works great ... the problem is ... Windows 7 ultimate Never! install the drivers by itself  .. i had to reinstall the windows after i bought the product and when i did .. i realized that windows never ever install any of the drivers by itself .. and dont blame windows 7 ... i never had problem installing drivers to any other laptop or desktop i ever used .

when i installed the drivers i had on my (HDD) that i found on my laptop .. i realized that the network , wifi & bluethooth .. are not installed .. i wasnt able to join the internet since the network card is not installed either >_< .. so i had to use external usb wifi to help me out .. and i downloaded all the supported drivers i found on dell-support website for my laptop and i tried to install them all ... but nothing happen ! 

i restarted the laptop .. re-installed the windows like 5 times that day ... nothing .. what the hell is that ?

spend the hole day  till 8am trying to find a way .. i found a program called ( driver idiniefier or something ) .. i used it .. and got me alot of driver ... nothing worked .. but when i upgrated the driver from driver manger to search the C:/driver folder .. it got the wifi inistalled 

but not the bluethooth nor the (Microsoft virtual wifi adapter)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
*Drivers that i wasnt able to inistall are :-
  -dell wireless 1702 802.11b/g/n ( its working now but i am not 100% sure how i make it work .. none of the dell drivers on dell worked )
  -dell wireless 1702 bluetooth v3.0+hs
  -Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter
 -------------------------------------------------------------------

*things i have tried 
1) dell diagnosis   (( it is not working on chrome but working with Internet explore but with bugs ! .. never helped me with anything ))
2) drivers download for my laptop using support tag  (( didnt help with the 3 drivers i were looking for ))
3) re installing the windows  ( windows 7 ultimate ) (( didnt help .. same problem everytime ))
4) looking for drivers over the internet (( helped me findings wifi .. but iam not sure how.. i am also hav a good chance to find the rest but i have to download all the drivers that have same name which could take forever )) 

- right now .. i disabled the Bluethooth and the Virtual wifi so they dont get damaged or anything   

1 Message

August 13th, 2012 03:00

I've got the same problem with my N5110 yesterday.

Completely lost my day, but finally here is the solution:

- Install W7 SP1

- Update BIOS to A10 if you've got an earlier version

- Install HM67 chipset (R292253), HD graphics (R303142) & your videocard driver, Realtek LAN (R292450) and audio drivers restarting after each one; do NOT install any wi-fi driver

- Install all available W7 updates, let it reboot as much times as it asks

- Finally, install Dell Wireless 1702 driver (R312222) - installation can be rather long, I've been waiting for 5 minutes until it finished

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 31st, 2012 09:00

Menaa,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

10 Posts

August 1st, 2012 08:00

i did installing the ((Desktop/Notebook system)) , and when i enterd the chipset part i found 4 diffrenet files .. but i installed all of them .. finaly when i came down to BT ... this massage pops up before it ends

10 Posts

August 2nd, 2012 10:00

so how to fix that ?

10 Posts

August 5th, 2012 09:00

hellooo ?? i need some help please -.-

i want to use my product without any issues

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 5th, 2012 10:00

Answer the question posed in the first response, above.  

10 Posts

August 7th, 2012 12:00

I have Just finished REINSTALLING THE WINDOWS NOW!! .. AND I DID EVERYTHING IN THAT LINK >>> http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&docid=268873&doclang=en&l=en&s=gen&cs=

and some of the Drivers worked and other didnt work ..hint*

example for SATA i was able to install one file .. the other 2 werent be able to be install the update

the 3rd one did this when it restart but nothing happen for long time so i shut it down

the result of the day .. I got the bluethooth working but the wifi FAILED !! That is efen worth .. !!!!!!!!!!!

i never used the BT but the wifi is what iam using all the time !! .. i used the WLAN.exe file that i found on my computer when the laptop came ...

it asked me to check if i want to install BT application and Wireless driver  ... i checked both ( as it were as default )

and while its installing it says on the windows bar BT is installed .. but then wifi failed .... and then i had a blue screeen !!! I hate DELL

and when the computer automaticly restart

ofcourse after restart i had that error report thing of windows 7 .. i thought it might be usfule

anyway after that .. i tried to automatic update the driver or reinstall .. but it did nothing .. but it gave me blue screen when i deleted the driver from ( device manger )  while automaticly tried to reinstall it again ...

but when i tried to update it i had this error

u may wanna see the device manger now after all that changes

i keep asking my self the same question everyday .. have i made the biggiest mistack buying from dell ? !! ..

i wish i could be wrong , otherwise i will be verrrrry disapointed !!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 7th, 2012 13:00

Menaa,

Is your system under warranty?

Contact Dell Tech Support.

Rick

10 Posts

August 7th, 2012 13:00

I

tried Automatich windows update again and that is what i found !!!!!!!!!!!

i neeed help ASAP please !!! 

No Events found!