Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

October 23rd, 2013 13:00

Dell inspiron n5110 cannot find the web cam....

im using a Dell inspiron n5110 laptop,, today when i try to make a call through the skype the webcam is not working, it said the webcam is using another application.but im sure there were no another application running on that time, how ever my webcam is not working,,, i remember last week it worked nicely,,

so i try to uninstall " DELL WEBCAM CENTER" on the control panel, that times it gave an error massage,, so i went through dell forums and downloaded "webcam center " again and re-installed it.

That time when i open that " webcam center " application it says """ please plug your web cam"""  or webcam doesn't configure properly,,,,

Please give me some advise.

Thank you!!! 

hi nikhil,

thanks for reply me,, under the device manager there is no link as " Imaging Devices" and also there is not showing any webcam driver,,

please help me!

thank you!

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

Hi dilankeshawa,

Check if the Webcam is detected in the Device Manager:

Steps to navigate to device manager:

1. Click “start”.
  2. Type “Device Manager” in the search box.
  3. Select “Device Manager “in the list.
  4. Click the Imaging Devices.

If the webcam is detected in Device Manager under Imaging Devices; please uninstall the webcam from device manager and restart the system to complete the uninstallation.

Please click HERE to download the Dell Webcam Central Software.

Check the functionality of the webcam and post the results.

October 23rd, 2013 14:00

now im really hate to dell laptops..

1. first i have to replace my HDD because it gone,,,

2.it was really hard to power charger 130w

3. now web cam is not working...

im getting sick.. too much wasted my money.

thank you very much you all!

good bye! 

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 23rd, 2013 19:00

Hi dilankeshawa,

Sorry about the situation. Electronic devices are prone to failures; it's unfortunate that the issue occurred in your laptop.

Did you try to install the Webcam drivers from the link given in my previous post?

I suggest you to update the BIOS to the latest version and check if the webcam is detected under Imaging device or Other devices. Please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Click this link: http://dell.to/HfQcx7
  2. Click “Get driver” and save the file on desktop.
  3. Ensure to connect the AC-Adapter to the computer, and the battery charge is above 15%, run the BIOS file.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the BIOS.
  5. Restart the computer when prompted.

Now check in Device manager if Webcam is detected. If it is still not detected, please press the LCD bezel firmly where the camera is located, it could be a cable contact issue. Now restart the system and check the webcam in Device manager.

If the webcam is not detected in device manager, then please test the camera using the Dell Diagnostics. 

1. Switch on the computer, tap F12 at dell logo to enter “One-time boot menu”.
  2. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight “Diagnostics” and press enter.
  3. Run the Integraded_Webcam_1.3M test listed under USB section of the Custom Test.

Please post the results.

October 24th, 2013 08:00

Good Day Nikhil,

Thank you for your replay my friend! I think my time is not good.

# already i have installed latest BIOS ( A11 ) for this lap.

# i did the Diagnostics test followed by F12 on start-up, there is no custom test under " Diagnostics " . and test was completed but it didn't mention            about       web cam.

# i did " MY dell " pc check up.. all are passed, but there also not mention about web cam ...

# Logged in to DELL Official website and done the online Diagnostics test , i selected webcam test under the custom test, but the result was " There is    no applicable webcam "

# i re-installed windows 7 again, but problem still same, before two days webcam worked nicely, normally i take care my laptop very smoothly that's          why im wondering about this fault.

# i unplug the charger and removed the battery, then i open the frame around the LCD panel, and i knock to the webcam, again restart the computer,        still it is missing...

# this is my situation,there is no blame to any body.. it is my bad luck thats why this laptop always make me angry.i can check my service tag in official      website,but i think this is second class product or may be bad stuff of china product!

Thanks Again Mr. Nikhil.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 24th, 2013 18:00

Hi dilankeshawa,

I can understand electronic devices can create confusion and frustration when they do not work the way they are designed for.

The issue appears to be with the Webcam which needs to be replaced.

If the computer is under warranty, I would be glad to arrange a service on the computer. Please check warranty status by entering the service tag of the computer in this link: http://dell.to/1akcWsp

Please private message me the service tag, registered owners name and address.

To private message me, click my user name and click Send a Private Message.

In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services.

If the warranty on the computer has expired, below link would help you in contacting expired warranty services (this is for US based customers): http://dell.to/17PHgJD

Awaiting your response!

October 28th, 2013 12:00

Dear Nikhil,

last Friday i went to dell service center and asked them to check my laptop's webcam.

And they have checked the cable connection of webcam and the mother board.

They told me that there is no any problem with the webcam cable and the mother board so they advised me to replace the webcam, because they told me that webcam is gone.

On that time i didn't have much money and i returned back to my place and operate the laptop without webcam, because webcam is not working and i didn't replace the web cam.

but the miracle is after few days,, thats means today i just checked the webcam again...

OMG its working as before,, i checked in the device manager ,, now i can see the " imagine device " there..

i cant believe it, i tried to update the imagine device driver then it was search in internet automatically and inform me to the latest driver is already installed..

at the moment webcam is working, still i didn't restart the laptop yet..

what is the reason my friend??? and will it disappear again?

Thank you! 

No Events found!