Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2012 05:00

Dell xps L702X BD-ROM drivers for windows 8

Hello

I recently upgraded to windows 8 and managed to find most drivers within Dell and outside dell website

but after searching long and hard i couldnt find the drivers for BD-ROM and thus unable to play any blu-ray movies

please help me with this. i tried installing the ones listed under win7 x64 but it doesnt work

thank you

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 28th, 2012 09:00

You have to get the Cyberlink Power DVD from My dell downloads.

6 Posts

November 29th, 2012 11:00

I have powerdvd 12 installed and it does not play the blu ray movies which used to play earlier on windows 7

i dont even get an option of auto play anymore which i used to get on windows 7...i even tried right clicking on the drive option and play using that option and also tried auto run using that option but nothing worked

i bought windows 8 because dell website said my laptop supports windows 8 but now i find out so many drivers for so many things are missing for my laptop. i dont understand how can they say my laptop is windows 8 ready when it has so many drivers missing. i had to scavenge some off the manufacturers website as dell didnt have them. but i cant find out any 3rd party website to look for drivers for my BD-ROM so im stuck with this issue

my warranty expired last month and they tell me now i cant even seek technical help. i have to have warranty even to talk to dell employees to resolve issues?? thats very strange

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 29th, 2012 12:00

When you upgrade to 8 you MUST reinstall the power dvd software.

The windows 7 version DOES WORK on windows 8.

You may have to install with Windows Vista comptatability mode.

Then from within the program you may also have to "download the patch and run that as administrator"

6 Posts

November 30th, 2012 02:00

I have the latest powerdvd 12 version which patched as well. Its compatible with Windows 8 and runs just fine. There is nothing wrong with powerdvd it plays all formats fine except blu ray discs. My only issue is with the blu ray discs which are not being played anymore with neither with powerdvd nor vlc . The very same discs were being played on windows 7 just fine. I am aware windows 8 doesn't support DVD play back anymore but I read using 3rd party apps makes the movies run just fine. Also there is a driver for my BD-ROM in dell website but only for windows 7 x64 and not for windows 8. Does that mean the driver listed there isn't necessary to play blu ray movies ?

Link to the driver...you can see that its listed for windows 7 but not for windows 8

www.dell.com/.../xps-l702x

No Events found!