Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2014 18:00

Disable Touch Screen on Inspiron 3521

I have a 6 month old Dell Inspiron 3521 that got stepped on during a power outage and cracked the screen. It is acting crazy- zooming in and out at random and the mouse only works about half the time. I have done a lot of searching but haven't been able to find any information on how to disable the touch screen. Any help would be appreciated

June 5th, 2014 23:00

I found that suggestion during my google search but I do not have the option to "disable use your finger as an input"

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 5th, 2014 23:00

Hi singerchick1569,

I understand that you want to disable touch screen on Windows 8, I would suggest you to refer the steps mention below.

a.     Winkey + Q.

b.     Type Control Panel.

c.     Go to Hardware and Sound.

d.     Pen and touch.

e.     Click the touch tab.

f.      Disable use your finger as an input.

Please let me know if this helps.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 7th, 2014 10:00

Hi singerchick1569,

I would suggest you to disable the touch screen in the device manager.

1. Right-click and select "All Apps" at the lower right corner, then select Control Panel

2. Select Hardware and Sound

3. Select Device Manager

4. Select Human Interface Devices

5. From the list, look for the touch screen. Disable the driver and the touch screen should no longer work . Enable this device to make the touch screen work again.

Please let me know if this helps.

June 7th, 2014 10:00

I was so hopeful that this suggestion was going to work! My Human Interface Devices section does not specify which if any are for the touch screen. It has:

Bluetooth AVRCP Device

HID- Compliant consumer control device

5 that say HID-compliant device

USB input device

June 10th, 2014 14:00

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

15 Posts

June 10th, 2014 15:00

I also have a inspion 3521 only mine has windows 7. on mine if you look down on the bottom right of the task bar there is a small triangle call show hidden icons. click on that and one of the icons is to turn touch pad on or off. on mine this is a dell program. hope this helps. good luck

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 12th, 2014 11:00

Hi singerchick1569,

Please disable the HID- Compliant consumer control device under Human Interface devices.

June 12th, 2014 12:00

Unfortunately disabling that did not disable the touchscreen 

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 14th, 2014 07:00

Hi singerchick1569,

Can you check by disabling ‘USB input device’ in the device manager?

No Events found!