Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2010 12:00

Display issues with Latitude E6510

I'm upgrading from a Latitude D620(Win7, 64-bit).  I received a Latitude E6510(Win7, 64-bit) and extended my display to an external LCD monitor (same as w/ D620).  As soon as I hooked it up I noticed two problems.

1) The extended display screen flickers slightly (as if there were some power problems)

2) The main screen of the laptop has a very blue tint (compared to the extended display and any piece of white copy paper)

None of this happened with the D620 and I reconnected it just to check.

I tried the following to fix the above:
1) I unlpugged and reconnected all of the wires to the external display and the screen still flickers.
2) I unplugged and reconnected the video cable to the laptop and the screen still flickers.
3) I moved the lcd to another room and the screen still flickers
4) I moved the laptop's power adapter away from the display and the screen still flickers.
5) I installed the latest NVS 3100M drivers from the Dell support site

I adjusted the color using "Calibrate your display" wizard and I had to lower the blue level to about 25% to get the screen color close to white.  Even when I do this the mouse and the icon's "white" are blue-ish.  I can tell the difference when I move my mouse over an application with a white background.

Is anyone else having these display issues?  Can someone help?

1 Message

July 8th, 2010 05:00

Did you ever resolve any of your issues? I do not have you flickering problems but have a red tint that I cannot get rid of. Because its only just noticable (on blues and whites mainly) its hard to guage if this is just a poor screen or if there is something actually wrong.

2 Posts

July 20th, 2010 08:00

The flickering was caused by the power adapter.  Dell sent me a replacement and now the flickering is gone.

The cool/blue color temperature of my screen has not been resolved.  They replaced my screen (under warranty) and it's still blue.  I've tried to use WIndows Color Management, Nvidia Control Panel, and QuickGamma to adjust the color but, none have allowed me to set the screen to display a Gamma pattern correct.  Disappointing that these beautiful displays can't be set to 6500K.  :(

3 Posts

November 21st, 2010 17:00

I have a Lenovo T410, and the same issue. These notebooks are SUPPOSED to have true colors but they are all off, blue-ish, and manufacturers don't seem to notice at all. It's puzzling. There are countless posts on all forums, you replaced your screen and have the same issue. I am starting to wonder if this is a general issue. External monitors are fine. All my previous laptops until 2006 were calibrated properly. Old technology just worked. I can compare them still today.

No Events found!