Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2015 19:00

DisplayPort on Dell E6410

My apologies if this question has already been answered on this forum but after reading several posts I could not find an answer. My question is about the resolution monitor output on my Dell E6410. I have tried on several occasions to connect to an external monitor and get a much higher resolution but I have been unsuccessful. My 6410 has the intel onboard graphics. Does the display port only support native resolution on the laptop monitor or will it output higher on an external monitor?

I have used a display port cable directly to the monitor or tv and I have also used an active displayport adapter from Startech.

I use this laptop heavily for work and having access to a much higher resolution would be greatly beneficial. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 21st, 2015 08:00

Hi MKJuicer,

Thanks for your post on the Forum.

According to the information I've found the following information for the 6410 Intel graphics:

Max Digital: 2560x1600/32bpp @ 60Hz
Min : 640x480/8bpp @ 60Hz

Regards,
Robert

2 Posts

July 21st, 2015 09:00

Ok, thank you for the prompt response. So if this information is accurate, then i should be able to get 2560x1600 across two monitors, but the DisplayPort is not capable of outputting HD quality. Correct? On both monitors i would have native resolution of 1280x800. I was hoping that the DisplayPort ++ would be capable of outputing HD quality on an external monitor.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 23rd, 2015 04:00

Probably not very likely on this machine.  The Latitude systems are designed for regular office type work, rather than high end graphics.  If you're needing more graphics capabilites, the Alienware or XPS lines would be better.

-Robert

No Events found!