Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2013 07:00

Do I have a bad Graphics card or what is it causing this problem? Dell l702x

I really don't know what is happening with the laptop, sometimes I noticed my laptop screen will flicker(or a bright flash as if someone was taking a picture). When I go to the event viewer it tells me Desktop windows service manager has been disabled by the windows system assessment tool. I'

I have the nvidia graphics card + Intel(using optimus technology),running windows 7 professional 64 bit. Please help me as I'm getting a tired of finding a solution for this since there isn't any available 

I forgot to mention when playing videos I think the graphic card makes a strange noise like there isn't enough power or something (Not 100% sure)

I have nvidia gt555 with intel Optimus 

Intel 2670m

8GB of RAM

Windows 7 professional

I tried to do a fresh install of windows 7 but the problem still persists and I cannot test it since I have deleted the recovery Drive. How do I test if the graphics card is working properly 

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 1st, 2013 08:00

Hi Craig239232,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps done by you to fix the issue. I suggest you to run the hardware diagnostics to check all the components by following the steps provided in the link below:
http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Please let me know the test results.

May 1st, 2013 09:00

I will try that but I have deleted the recovery partition and not sure if it will run since I want to ask is this diagnostic check saved on the recovery partition?

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 2nd, 2013 13:00

Hi Craig239232,

The Pre-Boot Self Assessment Diagnostics are integrated into the BIOS. These tests will run even if the system lacks any media (hard drive, CD drive, etc.). Please follow the steps provided in the link that was provided in my previous post and let me know the results.

No Events found!