Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2016 04:00

Driver_Power_State_Failure. Vostro 5470

I have a Vostro 5470 with Nvidia 740m and windows 10, a couple of months ago I had some crashes when I played some games, but nothing to serious then when i did an update it crashed every single time i played a game so i downgraded it and it only crashed sometimes. A week ago I did a new update of the drivers to see if it helped but it got worse and returning to the old driver didn't helped so I did a clean install of windows 10 and tried installing the newest drivers but now the computer crashes from doing nothing with the message "Driver_Power_State_Failure" I have tried uninstalling and installing every single driver there is for this gpu but none helped. When I uninstall the gpu drivers and use only the integrated gpu the computer works fine but windows tries to install the driver always. What should i do?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 5th, 2016 10:00

The error means you installed the wrong drivers. Dell customizes laptop drivers for each model and installing "every driver available" is a bad idea. Your model is approved for upgrade by Dell so let the support page scan your drivers and install the right ones. Go here--

www.dell.com/.../diagnose

5 Posts

March 12th, 2016 03:00

When I say that i installed every driver available I ment EVERY DRIVER AVAILABLE... including dell drivers (of course I did uninstalled and did a clean up before each driver). I already did the diagnose and it doesn't help.

No Events found!