Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2014 18:00

Drivers for Dell E6430

I have just bought a new dell e6430 laptop. It came with ubuntu but i removed that and installed windows 7 pro. (x64).

I have a few peoblems with the drivers, when i entered the service tag on the drivers donwload page i got a selection of drivers that I downloaded.

Now, among these is the dell camera firmware update and also the intel rapid store techology under chipset heading and the dell contrilvaul biometric framework driver. These simply won't install.

The intel rapid store says that the system does not meet requirements.

The other two simply open the folder with files after extraction and nothing happens......

what to do?

Also i get three items related to the intel rapid stroe and can't figure out the difference between them. Can anyone help?

April 7th, 2014 05:00

can anyone please give me some idea about this issue?

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

April 7th, 2014 11:00

Hi,

Please refer to the link mentioned below and ensure that you are installing the drivers in correct order:

http://dell.to/1fXkjHc

Also, let me know if you referring to Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

If yes, do you have mSATA SSD installed on your system?

For webcam related issue, refer to the link mentioned below:

http://dell.to/1fIjpvE

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US CustomersIndia CustomersFor Dell support videos click here.

April 8th, 2014 05:00

Hi manshu,

Thanks for your reply. I have the following questions/confusions, would appreciate if you can clear these up.

1. what is the difference between the intel rapid storage technology driver and the intel rapid storage technology F6 driver? both of these are found under "Serial ATA" heading on the driver downloads page. I was able to install the rapid store driver but not the rapid store F6 driver.

2. Under chipset heading, there is another item called intel rapid start technology. This is the one that says my system does not meet minimum requirements, and also does not install.

3. The camera firmware update extracts fully but does not install, it simply show me the extracted files but then nothing happens.

The links you provided do not work...? they end with article not found message.

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

April 8th, 2014 11:00

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

1. I did some reasearch and found that the F6 version can be installed outside the operating system environmenrt or during the installation of the Operating System

For More information check the link below:

http://dell.to/PMwSvr

2. If Intel Rapid Start technology says that the system does not meet minimum requirements, check the minimum requirements information on the link below:

http://bit.ly/1hzFs6k

3. Extract files > open the directory > Run the installer from the location where files are extracted.

Let me know if that works.

Links mentioned on the previous post are working properly on my system. Please try opening the link again. You may have to refresh the page for the content to show up.

If issue persists, try opening the link using a different browser.

Second link on this post will download a pdf file.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US CustomersIndia CustomersFor Dell support videos click here.

April 9th, 2014 04:00

Hi manshu,

I was able to open your links, apparently they do not open in a new tab as I was trying but just clicking on them and open in same tab worked.

1. As you said the F6 driver can be installed during OS installation but what I want to know is functionality wise, is there any difference in what the 2 drivers do? or does the F6 driver does the same thing as the other one? Is the difference only in how they are installed?

2. For the intel rapid start, it could be that it wants an SSD which I do not have. At least I think I do not have it. My main HDD is a 7200 RPM one. Don't know if the system comes with an extra ssd or not....??

3. For the camera firmware update the files extract but no executable file runs.... That is the problem. In the device manager though the camera shows as installed. I do not know if the firmware update is needed or not....? I have still not used the camera so I don't know if it actually works? Is it just a firmware or will it also install some software for managing the camera?

This is a brand new laptop that I have just bought, I guess I will have to install something like skype to know if the camera works...though I was expecting there would be a software from dell for the camera itself that should be in the drivers page to allow me to check it and configure settings etc. My previous laptops all had something like that to manage the camera but these were not Dell laptops.....

April 10th, 2014 04:00

Hi manshu,

After reading the links you posted I am now sure that the Intel Rapid start is looking for an SSD which is not present so I guess that issue is finished.

I am now down to the camera issue. How can I know if the camera firmware update from the dell drivers page is needed or not.... meaning is the current firmware older or newer than the update?  and also if it will install some camera software/utility or not?

When I check device manager it shows as the camera driver being a generic driver and the manufacturer as microsoft. Is that normal?

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

April 10th, 2014 13:00

Hi,

Functionality wise there is no difference apart from the one mentioned in the previous reply.

If you do not have Dell Webcam Central software installed on the system, install it using the link below:

http://dell.to/1fIjpvE

You can send me the service tag in a private message to check if the system was shipped with SSD or mSATA.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

April 11th, 2014 16:00

Hi manshu,

Following the link you provided for the dell webcam central software, the instructions there lead me to a page called smartsource.dell.com and asking me to register the system. But when I try to do that it gives the message "service tag is not supported". why this message for a brand new system? really surprised by that. And what do i do now?

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

April 14th, 2014 14:00

Hi,

Please use Internet Explorer to register your system.

Try downloading the software from link below:

http://dell.to/YGlJ2u

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

April 15th, 2014 03:00

Hi manshu,

I was already using Internet Explorer to register my system. This is a new poblem as I want to be able to register my system regardless of the camera software.

I downloaded the software from the link you provided but haven't installed it yet, as it does dot list Latitude E6430 under the compatibility list. Can you guide as to if this software is compatible with Latitude E6430 or not?

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

April 16th, 2014 11:00

Hi,

To help you, I have added you as a friend. Please send me a private message with Service Tag, name listed on the account and a screenshot of the issue. To send a private message click on my DELL-username and then click "Send a Private Message". Provide your service tag and contact information so that I may access your system records.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

April 16th, 2014 15:00

Hi manshu,

I've sent you the service tag in a PM. please confirm that you received it.

No Events found!