Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2013 09:00

E6410 Video Issues

Is anyone aware of a way to correct GPU/ high CPU issues when playing video either locally or streaming on Latitude machine using Nvidia video card docked to dual monitors. I have updated the Nvidia driver and have had the motherborad replced by Dell, but still have issue with video being choppy in degrading the system performance. Is this something that can be fixed?

April 25th, 2013 01:00

Hi jmihalsky,

Please follow the steps below to identify the process/application consuming the CPU resources :

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on keyboard
  • Click on Task Manager
  • Click on Processes
  • Click on CPU to arrange the tab in ascending or descending order

Please share the process consuming CPU resources so that we can isolate the application that is causing issues. Please check if the laptop is overheating. It would be helpful if you can post a video of the laptop with the video and task manager running.

Please reply with the findings. will take it further from there.

6 Posts

April 25th, 2013 06:00

Sundeep,

The issue is any application running video. this mainly occurs after running any application (itunes, media player, IE, Chrome, Adobe Premiere) that has a video player which you are using to play video or work with video only when the unit is docked to a dual monitor setup. I have had this in for repair and Dell cannot seem to fully resolve the issue on my model. I have seen outside forums stating issues with video GPU's not being able to handle dual monitors for video well. For my other post I wanted to know if this issue has been resolved for new latitudes?

thanks

April 29th, 2013 09:00

Hi jmihalsky,

I did some research and found that these issues might occur because of a faulty docking station as well. Please try to use your system with an alternate docking station (if available) and check if the situation replicates.

If the issue persists, Please share the dual monitor setup you have with the model number of monitors. Also share the type of connections between the computer and monitor  and the resolution on which you are running the laptop with dual monitors.

Please reply with the findings. Will take it further from there.

6 Posts

April 29th, 2013 09:00

I have had the docking station replaced already by Dell. Could i have another faulty docking station?

6 Posts

May 1st, 2013 09:00

I am running a Latitude E6410 with an I5 2.4 GHz 512 cache, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA NVS 3100M 512MB Video. I am using the E-port plus docking station which i have two Samsung E2420 connected to the dock via DVI connection. 

May 1st, 2013 09:00

Hi jmihalsky,

It is very rare that the docking station could be bad even after replacement. Please reply with the exact setup you are using with the system as I asked earlier. Will take it further from there.

May 6th, 2013 12:00

Hi jmihalsky,

I am researching on the issue. Please allow me some more time. I will keep you posted.

6 Posts

May 6th, 2013 13:00

Sounds good. Again the issue occurs when docked using dual monitors mainly with video.

May 9th, 2013 12:00

Hi jmihalsky,

Please share the Service Tag of the system via Private Message (Click on my name and click on Start Conversation). Will take it further from there.

No Events found!