yjprice
1 Copper

Re: Fan constantly blowing in new Inspiron 15R

I just bought the Inspiron 15 yesterday.. I have the same noisy fan problem.  I have Inspiron 3521.  The fix posted above is for 3721.  Is that compatible?  Is it safe to download that?

DELL, thanks for the a reply

thanks

Joanna

0 Kudos

Hi yjprice,

You should not update the BIOS file of Inspiron 3721 to Inspiron 3521. Please update the BIOS of Inspiron 3521 using the link below to reduce fan noise

http://dell.to/164RYYt

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
daart.kote
1 Copper

The same problem.

Inspiron 5521, core-i5, BOIS ver. A08

The noise is stronger than my 6-years old Inspiron 6400. Sometimes it's stops, but not for a long. Here is a screen of dell diagnostics software: http://prntscr.com/1enf0o 5100RPM!!!!

0 Kudos
satyam.neer
1 Nickel

Hello, I bought a Dell 3521 Dual Core 2117 U laptop and the fan is soooo noisy, very irritating, I powered it after unboxing it and 1 minute after startup the fan blows continuously, non stop... Please help, I mostly work on laptop in the silence of the night, very irritating for me, with only 1 internet window open, no load on CPU, but still fan blows, what to do,?please help

0 Kudos
daart.kote
1 Copper

>> what to do,?please help

return it and buy another. I an seriously.  

0 Kudos
satyam.neer
1 Nickel

Why r u saying so? On reviews this machine does pretty well.... In community forums I've learned that one should flash the bios, waiting to do that

0 Kudos
daart.kote
1 Copper

I have always enjoyed the products of Dell. I've always had laptops from Dell. I have a monitor from Dell.

And this time, I have believed to Dell. But when I bought it I was very disappointed. This noise from new laptop is stronger than my old Inspiron 6400. The build quality is also terrible (compared with 6400).

When I bought it, it was a version of BIOS A06 and Linux. I installed Windows 8 - it did not help. I installed the A07 - it did not help. I installed the A08 and it did not help.

I bought my laptop in the store of my friend, and did not return it because I did not want to create problems for him. If I bought it from a regular store - I would return.

Sorry for my English.

0 Kudos
satyam.neer
1 Nickel

Hi was your issue resolved? I'm facing the same problem...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
daart.kote
1 Copper

No, issue does not resolved. I have a last version of BIOS. It seems to me that the problem is that fan has only two speeds:  min & max.

0 Kudos
satyam.neer
1 Nickel

Pal, I updated the bios to A08, have been using laptop for 30 mins, no problem So far, hope the issue is resolved, will use for more days ahead and share the outcome

0 Kudos