Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2011 10:00

FastAccess Face will let Anyone on Your Computer PROOF

I spent 3 hours on phone with Dell talking about how my friend is able to use his face to login on my computer.  He comes over and use it often and stated have been doing it for over a year on my XPS 15.  Dell reps told me "maybe your friend reprogrammed it", "added his face", "did something to your computer when you wasn't looking", "you dont have the updated verison", "downloaded the wrong version", "it didnt download the updated version correctly", or "you are the only one with this problem ever".  The update came out 8/30/2011 and I updated it 9/11/2011 and my computer is set to update automacticly.  These foreign Tech will give you some off the wall answers to try and pay you for a dummy.  The Tech stated to uninstall and redownload and not to worry.  Yes, Im worry because breach of Security because for years people have been able to get into my computer when I thought it was secured.  I recorded me using my face and then my friend using his face for the same profile.  Only one face can be used per profile, which was comfirmed by Dell.  I only have one Profile on my computer also.

The tech told me to contact the software maker because Dell cant help with Software.  The software site stated to contact Dell http://www.sensiblevision.com/en-us/support/dellsupport.aspx . I was told I would get a callback, so asked how long and told "I dont know".  Asked an estimated timeframe and he got ruder.  The tech said, " ok i will just say 2 weeks.  Even if that, it doesnt matter because you are not willing to wait". I just want a solution to his problem because it is serious.  He told me well just dont use the software and use password like people use to use before.  Again a smart, rude comment.

I look online and found a youtube clip of someone Jan 2010 having the same issue http://youtu.be/pRMTdrUXff8 . That is almost 2 years ago since uploaded and its clear I am not the only one having this issue.  Dell doesnt care about this issue but I do. 

35 Posts

March 12th, 2012 12:00

Hello again blackgemini and Deepak. I wanted to write again to emphasize that we do take all reports of problems with FastAccess VERY seriously. Although we know it to be working as expected for many millions of users, we're highly confident that any problems on your systems can be isolated and fixed. We look forward to working with you directly at your earliest convenience and would, of course, be more than happy to post all results back here on the forum.

Please contact me as soon as possible at the "support at sensiblevision dot com" email address. Thanks!

March 13th, 2012 08:00

I have decided to go with an Apple computer.  I got no help and the fact someone was able to get into my computer doesnt sit well with me.  Updating the software everytime someone can get into it is not why I got the software.  Its not like the person HACKED into my computer, as the people tried to paint the picture of how someon could get in my computer.  I am sure the company will never be liable for stolen information from my computer or even state that this doesnt happen to people everyday.

35 Posts

March 13th, 2012 11:00

blackgemini, I'm sorry that you aren't able or willing to contact us directly for assistance. The diagnostic process won't take long at all and as a vendor committed to customer service, when difficulties arise we're happy to help address them. I understand that you're no longer using that computer but if you ever return to your original system, please email us at the address stated previously so we can assist. Thanks.

March 13th, 2012 12:00

Please stop with your lies... I have contacted Dell andthe maker of the software. I did all the steps and still the same problems. Does the company give warnings this may happen or even apologized to the thousands of paying custimers this have happened to? No. Your steps didnt work.

35 Posts

March 13th, 2012 13:00

As the Service Manager for Sensible Vision, I wish to assure you we are very concerned.  We care and are serious about security and our product's performance.  My offer of direct support and – most importantly – issue resolution remains. Again we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and issues.  If you do contact us, I want to assure you I will address your issues personally.

No Events found!