Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

December 1st, 2008 04:00

Full HD (1080p) playback on a Inspiron 1525?

Hi all,

I'm wonderring if the Inspiron 1525 laptop is powerfull enough to "smoothly" playback a .mkv file in full 1080p and output through the HDMI port to the TV?

Effectivly, I'm looking for a good "media player" my old cheep and cheerful Ebay HDD player does not play .mkv (matroska) files, even after I converted them, I think the resolution is simply too high for my old media player.

The .mkv files play fine on my desktop, so to avoid this "format problem" again, I thought this time, I'd get a laptop with a HDMI port like the Inspiron 1525 and connect the TV to the HDMI port but I'd need to know if the 1525 is powerfull enough to play these .mkv files in full 1080p and output through the HDMI port?

I read that some people have had some problems with bluray output on the 1525 but has anyone tried any matroska files?

Please help

Thanks in advance

/Nowa

4.6K Posts

December 1st, 2008 05:00

It would be foolhardy of Dell to include a HDMI port on your laptop, if it wasn't capable of the purpose for which it's intended - i.e. playing movies in full HD :emotion-55:

So the laptop itself is undoubtedly capable of it.  You just need to choose suitable playback software.

The likes of Cyberlink's PowerDVD Ultra 8, and Corel's WinDVD Plus 9 Blu-Ray are two such suitable programs :emotion-5:

No Events found!