Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 31st, 2017 02:00

Graphics suddenly not going above 30FPS?

Hi all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15-7000, with dual display adapters - Intel HD Graphics 630 and a NVidia GTX 1050Ti, running Windows 10.  I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and I mostly use it for filming gameplay videos.

Just this evening, I was filming some more.  I put the laptop down on the couch for a couple of minutes, to get a drink.  When I picked it up again, none of my games would render above 30FPS.  Prior to this, they were rendering at 60FPS without any problems.  Literally nothing has changed, I just put it down for a minute.

I have rebooted several times, and checked that I have the latest drivers.  How do I get this machine performing the way it was just a quarter of an hour ago?

5 Posts

January 31st, 2017 11:00

Never mind.  I found that the double adapter which had the power brick in it had come out of the wall.  Seems the GTX doesn't fire up fully unless it's on mains.

532 Posts

January 31st, 2017 14:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

Sometimes the refresh rate of your screen is set to low. Right click desktop and click NVidia settings. Go to screen resolution and make sure it is at 60 hertz.

Also, make sure your integrated GPU is set to 60. Right click on desktop, select screen resolution, advanced, Intel graphics and check if it is set to 60 hertz.

Let us know if this helped.

No Events found!